Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized as one of the world's largest and best-known companies in 2022 by:
- Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building automation systems in new and existing facilities. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability. This position will provide design engineering for clients on the east coast but could also support design engineering for any client in the US.Responsibilities:
- Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution.
- Prepare submittals and schedules; handle the ordering of products and equipment.
- Participate in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Design building automation systems and create unique design solutions to meet the customer’s requirements. Prepare design documents, including mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bills of materials, sequences of operations, valve and damper schedules, and DDC panel layouts.
- Design building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2, or BACNET. Analyze plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Understand requirements and design building automation solutions for higher education and K–12 education facilities, pharmaceutical facilities, high-rise buildings, office spaces, and lab facilities. Design building and space pressurization solutions, chiller and boiler plant sequencing control, etc.
- Generate the DDC point database on all projects.
- Prepare engineering re-estimates and follow up with appropriate sales and management to ensure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepare specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers; select proper types and sizes of company products and those from outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Prepare information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor.
- Perform quality assurance; peer-review engineering documents.
- Mentor, train, and direct the design activities of the engineering team.
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of building automation design experience
- Up to 10% travel
- EIT, ASHRE, NICET, or CISSP certifications are a plus
- Ability to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, and practices
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, CAD Training, or other engineering design software application
- Proficient in Bluebeam Revu 2017 and/or Adobe Pro preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
#RSS #LI-ME1 #LI-Remote #NOC-Automation
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.