Title / Role: Solutions Engineer (PCS 7) – Interns x 2Organization: Lead Country South Africa Location: South Africa -Midrand
Who are we?
Siemens Large Drives (SLD) is a leading provider of advanced technology solutions, driving productivity and performance in Africa’s mining and cement industry. We are looking for a motivated professional employee with a passion for control and instrumentation engineering to join our team to support us in addressing the challenges faced in the industry. Our area of business includes design, manufacture, implementation and support of electrification, automation, and digitalization projects. The successful candidate will join our system engineering team, you be involved in control and instrumentation systems using Siemens technology for a wide range of exciting applications such as,
· Mine Winders
· Conveyor Belt Systems
· Stacker Reclaimer
· Integrated engineering of process plants
Mission/Function of the role:
What are the responsibilities of the role?
· Defines the products, components, and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
· Configures the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
· Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as functioning unit.
· Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
· May minister the executing units (e.g., manufacturing, procurement, logistics).
· The candidate will analyse customer requirements and the design of process and/or mechanical equipment to design automation systems.
· Develop HMI interfaces in accordance with the design documents in order to meet the functional requirements
· Develop control configuration or programming in accordance with the design
· Review configuration and programming using defined practices in order to establish compliance with functional requirements.
· Test the automation system using the test plan in order to determine compliance with functional requirements.
· Assemble all required documentation and user manuals created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customers and end users
· Attending site visits/meetings to gather requirements from our customers
· Travel to sites (within SA and cross border) for installation & commissioning, site audits, project & tender meetings, iFAT,CFAT,SAT etc
· Will be required to work extended hours on site as required on projects due to critical deadlines during installation & commissioning phases
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering (with some Software development experience being advantageous) is mandatory
· 0-2 Years’ experience in control system automation
· Siemens product knowledge would be an advantage (PCS7, TIA Portal, Step7, with other products such as Simocodes, VSD’s)
· Strong programming skills (C, Java, Python, C#, CSS, HTML, Markdown, SQL)
· Fluent in the following IDE’s (Integrated Development Environment) (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Mendix)
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets under the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives (Pty) Ltd
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Full / Part time: Part-time