Siemens Software, a business unit of Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
Our team shares the knowledge of our highly innovative software portfolio for control and monitoring of metal cutting processes with our sales teams worldwide, and works with them, our distribution partners, and customers to secure wins and resolve issues when deploying the software on the shopfloor.
Your new role – is challenging and future-oriented
As an applications support/pre-sales engineer, you are the key member of the team to ensure our customers buy and use our products successfully.
You train our sales colleagues on our products and its new features.
You dedicate your time to understand customer pain points and needs, to tailor the best solution for their specific manufacturing processes and machined parts.
You use your creativity and technical expertise to help regional sales worldwide to answer customer questions, guide the customer towards our solutions and win the deals.
Along the way you shape our product roadmap by coming up with ideas for new features and capabilities to put even bigger distance between us and our competitors.
- Be the “go-to” technical expert on our digital shopfloor portfolio products for Siemens sales and customers, knowing the products just as well as its developers do.
- Guide Siemens sales people and engage customers throughout the evaluation period to ensure wins.
- Conduct hands-on trainings about our products to Siemens sales and customer support personnel, partners and customers.
- Gather market information and customer feedback to shape our product roadmap
- Analyze and resolve customer issues.
- Lead “early adopters” engagements for all new products in our portfolio at customer facilities
Mandatory job requirements:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or computer sciences.
- Track record of embedded software development (e.g. PLC programming, firmware, drivers)
- Professional fluency in English.
- Readiness for international travel on short notice at least once every 3 months.
- Customer-facing experience
- Excellent presentation skills, both visual and oral
- Knowledge of German or Mandarin Chinese
- Experience with SINUMERIK and/or Fanuc CNCs
- Technical writing skills
Practical experience in metal cutting applications as either:
- CNC machine operator.
- CNC programmer with hands-on experience operating CNC machines.
Do you want to work for a company with innovative technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position?
If so, we'd like to meet you!
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here.
Hybrid way of working (home/ office), The position is in Airport city.
We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time