Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
In order for our society to transition the mobility sector and energy grid to renewable energies, the industry needs to produce battery cells on a terawatt scale. Manufacturing is at the forefront of this revolution to reduce scrap rates, accelerate ramp-ups of new production lines and shorten feedback loops to optimize processes more quickly.
At Siemens, we build manufacturing from the ground up: from automation controls to large scale distributed systems and analytics which are fundamentally changing the way that batteries are being produced. And we mean fundamentally: our work will cut production times in half and save at least 5 percentage points of scrap for state-of-the-art Gigafactories.
Join us to work on the next generation of integrated electronics, event stream processing and AI. You will be a part of the Battery Accelerator, an organization of multiple internal start-ups which self-responsibly engage with cell manufacturers worldwide, develop and implement pilots, and take complete ownership of their products.
You will take ownership for a data architecture which will serve as the next level infrastructure to business logic authored by internal start-ups and external customers for the largest Gigafactories in the world.
What will you do?
- Design an event streaming platform (i.e. Apache Flink, Spark, ksqlDB) on top of a distributed messaging system (i.e. Apache Kafka) from innovative technologies to accommodate shopfloor data architectures with >1000 client devices
- Manage a team of 15 people with three senior system architects specialized in OT, connectivity, and deployment, and two international dev teams with SCRUM leads for the design, development, testing, and operation of the architecture
- Guide the survey of open-source methods, mentor, and train the internal software team (including team scale-up)
- Define a software roadmap to support the short and long-term implementation of business logic authored by internal start-ups
- Align with a chief product owner of Battery Accelerator who collaborates with the larger product organization within Siemens
- Travel to Germany for in-person team workshops at least once per quarter
- In office presence up to 10% of the time (based in Oakville, Ontario)
What will you need to succeed?
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Min 5 years of leadership experience with technical development teams
- 10 years of professional experience in software development for large-scale distributed systems: built and maintained clusters with at least 100 working nodes
- Deep practical experience with micro-service architectures, distributed computing (i.e. K8s, Docker), data processing (i.e. Apache Kafka, Flink, Spark, ksqlDB) and API design
- High ability to communicate and to convey technical concepts clearly with people skills and spirit of self-improvement.
- Proficient and actively coding in program languages such as C, C++, Java, Go, familiar with Linux as development environment
- Profound understanding of continuous software engineering practices, architectural design patterns around stream processing (i.e. router, dead letter stream, limited retention)
- Passion to build and scale an architecture hands-on in a fast-paced environment
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.