Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
"Let's make tomorrow different today" – that is our guiding principle at Siemens Energy for all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future
The Business Segment Sustainable Energy Systems (SE TI SES) develops, manufactures, and sells innovative Hydrogen and Power-to-X systems, solutions and services based on the SILYZER portfolio. With this innovative electrochemical system, water is split into its components hydrogen and oxygen using the PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) and (green) electricity. By helping our customers in the industrial, energy and mobility sectors to decarbonize their processes we are taking a further step towards a sustainable future.
You can set the tone for this new business and contribute your enthusiasm and experience in a small, pragmatic team with global responsibility for hydrogen projects. We offer you a start-up environment which is characterized by ownership culture, short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies.
The 3D-Design Engineer coordinates all 3D design activities in the project and independently prepares detailed layouts of electrolysis plants. The role’s responsibility comprises the design of steel structures and planning of piping routes as well as ensuring the integrability of the plant into the building. The preparation of specification documents and technical drawings for the manufacturing process and the support of the manufacturing activities are also part of the job. In addition, the 3D-Design Engineer supports structural-mechanical simulations and stress analyses.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Detailed planning of steel structures and piping designs
- Preparation of plant layouts and detailed installation plans
- Integration of the electrolysis plant into the building planning
- Support in structural-mechanical simulations and stress analyses
- Coordination of 3D design activities in R&D projects and customer projects
- Support of proposal preparations to develop competitive and high-quality customer-oriented bids for hydrogen generation plants
- Preparation of specification documents and technical drawings for the manufacturing process
- Support of manufacturing activities and management of interfaces with external manufacturers
- Preparation and execution of design reviews
- Development of design guidelines and active support of further development of 3D design tools to ensure successful implementation of the required functional scope
- Initiation of lessons learned initiatives and implementation of improvement measures as part of the continuous improvement process
- Gaining unique experience in a new technology environment with pioneering nature in a fast-growing business
- Expansion of technical and process expertise
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- University degree in mechanical engineering or similar qualification with relevant professional experience
- Several years (more than 5 years) of practical experience in 3D design and in creating 3D plant layouts
- Comprehensive experience in piping design
- High expertise in using 3D design tools, especially NX
- Good knowledge in performing structural-mechanical simulations and in conducting stress analyses
- Good knowledge in the use of Teamcenter
- Experience in managing CAD data of large projects as well as in handling large amounts of data (file storage and file structuring)
- Experience in data exchange between 3D design tools and layout planning tools as well as in data exchange with external partners
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and assembly works
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Business fluent English skills
- Great passion for the field of energy transition and decarbonization
- Willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams to jointly develop innovative solutions
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time