We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Material Controller to help us reimagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We are looking for a Material Control Expert who can help us along in our journey. As a Material Control Expert, you will bring experience of Supply Chains where there is volatile demand and supply.
Location: Siemens Congleton office and will report to the Head of Material Control.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Areas of Responsibility:
- Resolving purchase order exceptions (currently in excess of £2,000 daily)
- Managing supplier deliveries for set days
- PO Management
- Expediting requirements
- Improve communication / automation to suppliers by way of system improvement & interpersonal relationships & seek process improvements with enthusiasm and demonstrate a willingness to adapt & facilitate change.
- Reviewing & approve invoices; BSC & KPI report preparation; OSCAR participation & analysis
- Working collaboratively with suppliers & other departments to improve our relationship & process with suppliers. Actions include Vendor rating, rolling out re-useable packaging, milk rounds, transport optimization, EDI coverage, logistic models & delivery queries
- 8D / A3 type investigations,
- PDCA to resolve & prevent reoccurrence
- Working with all areas of the business to become more productive: CIP (Kaizen, Continuous Improvement) and LIO (Lean in the Office).
What skills and experience you will bring to the role:
- Material Master maintenance e.g. lot sizes, order frequencies and lead times
- Ideally Visualisation Tools (e.g. Mendix, Celonis, Qlik Sense , Tableau)
- Ability to work both within a team atmosphere, and be able to work individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced IT skills, Excel / PowerPoint & SAP
- Analytical, with an eye for detail
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach
- Great interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Good organisational & prioritization skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time