As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The Business Segment Sustainable Energy Systems (SE TI SES) develops, manufactures, and sells innovative Hydrogen and Power-to-X systems, solutions and services based on the SILYZER portfolio. With this innovative electrochemical system, water is split into its components hydrogen and oxygen using the PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) and (green) electricity. By helping our customers in the industrial, energy and mobility sectors to decarbonize their processes we are taking a further step towards a sustainable future.
You can set the tone for this new business and contribute your enthusiasm and experience in a small, pragmatic team with global responsibility for hydrogen projects. We offer you a start-up environment which is characterized by ownership culture, short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies.
The 3D-Design Engineer coordinates all 3D design activities in the project and independently prepares detailed layouts of electrolysis plants. The role’s responsibility comprises the design of steel structures and planning of piping routes as well as ensuring the integrability of the plant into the building. The preparation of specification documents and technical drawings for the manufacturing process and the support of the manufacturing activities are also part of the job. In addition, the 3D-Design Engineer supports structural-mechanical simulations and stress analyses.
- Execution of structural-mechanical simulations (1D and 2D) and stress analyses
- Execution of 3D FEM simulations
- Ensuring successful implementation of structural-mechanical aspects in detailed planning of steel structures and piping designs
- Preparation and execution of design reviews
- Coordination of structural-mechanical activities in R&D projects and customer projects
- Preparation of specification documents
- Support of manufacturing activities and management of interfaces with external manufacturers as well as customers
- Development of design guidelines and active support of further tool development to ensure successful implementation of the required functional scope
- Initiation of lessons learned initiatives and implementation of improvement measures as part of the continuous improvement process
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- University degree in mechanical engineering or similar qualification with relevant professional experience
- Several years of practical experience in Finite Element Modelling
- High expertise in performing structural-mechanical simulations and in conducting stress analyses
- Comprehensive experience in 3D modelling and piping design
- High expertise in using 3D design tools, especially NX
- Good knowledge in the use of Teamcenter
- Experience in managing CAD data of large projects as well as in handling large amounts of data (file storage and file structuring)
- Experience in data exchange between 3D design tools and layout planning tools as well as in data exchange with external partners
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and assembly works
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Business fluent English skills
- Great passion for the field of energy transition and decarbonization
- Willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams to jointly develop innovative solutions
- Gaining unique experience in a new technology environment with pioneering nature in a fast-growing business
- Expansion of technical and process expertise
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time