Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Role description- Quality Manager in Projects
Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP)*
The mission of the QMiP is to act as an expert and support the Project Manager as a partner by planning, supervising, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities with regards to failure prevention and effective implementation (pro-active and re-active). The QMiP acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all PM@Siemens project phases, e.g. by communicating lessons learned from other projects to his/her team as well as documenting own lessons learned for other projects and process improvement. Of particular importance is the authority to intervene at any stage in the project, in case of non-conformance in delivery and project results or any jeopardization of the project results, i.e. indication of incorrect situations and escalation as and when required. The QMiP acts as a member of the core project team and reports the quality status to the Project Manager. In functional matters, to maintain independence, the QMiP also reports to his or her QM line superior.
2. Scope of Job
The scope of the job incorporates all project-related activities in order to meet the targeted results with regard to quality with consideration of requirements of (a) business related headquarters (overall strategy, basic processes and their interfaces, tool application, compliance issues ), (b) customer (contractual requirements, expectations and at least satisfaction), (c) market (statutory, regulatory and state of the art requirements), (d) 3rd parties (e.g. suppliers and sub-contractors, consortium partner, authorities, surveyors, etc.) and (e) -as far as relevant- public conditions and interests.
3. Areas of Responsibility
* Leads and/or coordinates the entire project quality team (internal/ external) of the assigned organization unit(s).
* Ensures cross-functional cooperation with Procurement, Logistics, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and relevant suppliers to achieve quality business goals.
* Adapts and provides a project-specific management system including a project documentation, regulations, methods and IT tools, following a risk-based approach.
* Ensures professional non-conformance (NC) management.
* Coaches project team members in agile/lean methods or even acts as a SCRUM master in agile projects.
* Ensures the implementation of quality improvement methods and improve process performance management (e.g. 8D, RCA, FMEA).
* Selects innovative digital solutions to improve project quality
* Drives lessons learned across projects.
* Ensures the implementation and improvement of an project quality reporting as integrated part of project reporting.
* Contributes to project planning to ensure that project-specific, quality-relevant requirements are considered starting with sales phase.
* Initiates trainings for project employees with regards to quality (e.g. methods and processes).
* Develops, controls and ensures the implementation of a quality plan (incl. quality assurance measures such as review / test / validation / ...) for the project derived from existing QM system agreed upon with the own organization, customer, partners and suppliers.
4. Job Requirements
· You have bachelor’s degree in engineering.
· You carry 7-10 years of experience in railway projects /organizations.
· You are fluent in English. Knowledge of German language will be advantage
· You are ready to relocate anywhere in India
· Knowledge of Quality standards ISO 9001 and QMS terminologies.
· Knowledge of ISO TS 22163(Prev IRIS), CENELEC standards is preferred
· Experience in application of Quality tools, methods for RCA, Improvement
· Experience in carrying Audits, Internal auditor/Lead auditor preferable
· Experience of working in Project environment with cross country teams.
· Proactive and Improvement oriented mindset
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility @ https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time