Due to developing markets and internal promotions the Customer Services division of Siemens Digital Industries, a world leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to provide services for our extensive product range which includes industrial automation and control systems, manufacturing execution systems, safety systems, industrial instrumentation and communication solutions and intelligent motor control solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our team based in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Service Operations Team Leader, the Service Engineer will be required to carry out day to day activities including, field service, engineering, technical support and sales assistance principally with our clients across Australia.
The key responsibilities in this role are activities relating to troubleshooting, breakdown repairs, routine maintenance, installation/commissioning , upgrades of Siemens Drives and Automation Products.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to possess the following:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or an Electrical License with relevant experience, and a minimum of 5 - 10 years experience in the Industrial Automation Industry and hold a current Drivers License.
- Proven experience in Automation systems, engineered drive systems and cranes
- Experience with commissioning / troubleshooting Siemens variable speed drives (VSDs) and Siemens PLC systems is essential
- Experience with Siemens VSD repairs would be an advantage.
- Experience in commissioning and maintenance of Siemens PCS7 Automation Systems would also be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness for frequent travel local, interstate and overseas where required, including remote sites.
- Participate in an on call roster for customer remote support and on site breakdown assistance.
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
In addition, this role is also responsible for:
- Providing timely completion of service reports
- Complying with all OH&S policies and service escalation procedures, customer contractual obligations and quality standards
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Maintaining personal knowledge of safety instructions and operational procedures
- Providing office based technical support to customers
- Supporting the Sales team for service offerings
- Supporting Project Team
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, an attractive salary package and a fully maintained company vehicle.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time