As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The Sustainable Energy System of Siemens Energy develops, manufactures and sells innovative hydrogen and Power-to-X systems, solutions and services based on the SILYZER portfolio. In an innovative electrochemical process, water is broken down into its components hydrogen and oxygen using PEM technology (proton exchange membrane) and (green) electricity. By supporting our industrial, energy and mobility customers in decarbonizing their processes, we are taking another step towards a sustainable future.
You can contribute to the success of this new business area and bring your enthusiasm and experience to a small, pragmatic team with global responsibility for hydrogen projects. We offer you a start-up environment within the group that is characterized by personal responsibility, short decision-making paths and flat hierarchies.
The process engineer takes ownership of process engineering design both in the reference plant development and in project specific adjustments and independently prepares detailed design concepts of electrolysis plants. He not only develops P&ID and plant concepts, but also provides component data sheets and specification for automation. The preparation of customer documentation, safety-related analysis within the framework of HAZOP study and the manufacturing support as well as technical qualification of subcontractors is also part of the task..
- Provision of process engineering design and simulation of electrolysis plants with compression and gas treatment of the product gases hydrogen and oxygen
- Development of specifications for compressors and entire gas cleaning according to valid codes and standards and including the preparation of technical documentation
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of P&ID diagrams as well as associated equipment data sheets and measuring point lists in COMOS
- Development of specifications for the automation of auxiliary systems such as compressor and gas cleaning of electrolysis plants
- Alignment of process engineering activities and interfaces with customers and subcontractors as well as other engineering disciplines in layout planning, electrical engineering and automation
- Support and implementation of HAZOP studies and safety analysis, including alignment with plant operators, notified bodies and technical experts
- Participation in technical qualification of subcontractors as well as monitoring of manufacturing milestones and execution of factory acceptance tests
- Provision of technical documentation for proposals preparation on the basis of customer specifications
- Process design work during project execution and clarification of project-specific adjustments with subcontractors and customers
- Development of operating concepts and support in the erection/commissioning activities of compressor plants and auxiliary systems of electrolysis plants
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- The successful completion of a master's degree in process engineering or related engineering areas is available
- Knowledge of codes and standards – DIN/ ASME / API / ANSI / NEMA / NPFA etc.
- Expertise in the field of operational concepts, I&C systems and DCS specifications
- Sound knowledge in the field of COMOS or comparable engineering tools for process engineering
- Experience in simulation (fluid and process simulations, etc.) and process design
- Team work & collaboration capabilities including communication skills
- Intercultural sensitivity and willingness to travel
- Fluent knowledge of English & German
- Great passion for the area of energy transition and decarbonization
- Because our new business field requires a good degree of flexibility and agility, you feel comfortable in an environment characterized by personal responsibility and initiative
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time