- Leading an international team of data integration engineers and solution architects.
- Ability to follow goals based on OKRs and planning, managing and delegating projects and tasks in time, in budget and in quality.
- You and your team are responsible for design, development, and implementation of database applications and solutions for managing and integrating data between operational systems, data repositories, and reporting and analytical applications. This includes but is not limited to ETL, stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Recommending and providing guidance regarding Data Integration and database development, SQL best practices, and standards to the development team members as needed.
- Creating or signing off technical design documentation which includes current functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows/diagrams to detail the proposed database and/or Data Integration implementation.
- Translating stakeholder requirements into a common language that can be adapted for use with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Providing support for investigating and troubleshooting production issues as a third level of escalation.
- Participating in the establishment of group standards and processes.
- Responsibility for solution finding, architecture and development of digital software applications, IoT solutions and services for our customers in the airport, airline, cargo and logistics supply chain markets.
- Acting as a consultant and technical contact for questions and problems regarding digital customer solutions.
- In cooperation with the customers and the project teams, creating requirement specifications and cost estimates and supporting the project teams in their execution.
- Committed to finding the best possible digital solution for our customers in agile, self-organized project teams.
- University degree in Computer Science/IT/ Software, alternatively university degree in any other field and a minimum of 5 years experience in Computer Science/IT/Software.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in design, development, and implementation of Database Applications & Solutions for managing & integrating data between Operational Systems, Data Repositories, Reporting, and Analytical Applications.
- Minimum 5 years of Project & Process Management with classic and agile methods.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure, or Google Cloud Platform environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of IT architecture, cloud applications and environments and IoT.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL including complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries), index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques best practices.
- Hands-on experience in Integration with REST/Microservice-based architectures and integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL.
- Experience with noSQL databases such as elasticsearch or mongodbAdvanced knowledge of technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Maven, Git/GitHub, Active Directory, or IAM.
- Advanced knowledge of tools such as Talend, and Streamsets.
- Experience with the tools Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, and TDD/BD.
- Experience in the aviation industry is a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- You are a "digital native" and are enthusiastic about new/future technologies.
- You are a Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, empathy and intercultural competence to communicate openly and effectively on all levels across the team, internally and externally.
- A dynamic international workplace
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours
- Modern offices and a constructive team atmosphere
- Seminars for personal and professional training
- Employer-funded pension
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time