This role is within the IT Global Hub organization, Integration Management Chapter, and directly within the Organization Integration (OI) Service. Working alongside the OI service lead, this position has end-to-end responsibility for the service which is responsible for developing and implementing IT excellence initiatives in the areas of organization development, people excellence, communications, employee engagement, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and administer Virtual infrastructure & VM template management.
- VM creation for different projects within SLA.
- Implementing security related configuration to the different OS.
- OS Administration (Primarily windows).
- Server & ESXi Patching and upgrades.
- User communication in case of major incident.
- Resolve incident /problem ticket within SLA.
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of overall system.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in IT and systems specialist.
- Qualified B.E / MCA or equivalent from reputed institute.
- Proven ability in Infra projects and execute successfully within time and budget.
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and planning.
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks.
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues.
- You should have experience of working with offshore / global teams.
- You should be willingness to learn and adapt new technologies.
- In-depth knowledge in VMware virtual infrastructure / ESXi / vCenter.
- Past exposure to vCloud Director (good to have)
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS (server & client)
- Setup / services / monitoring / OS optimization.
- Troubleshooting issues related to vSphere ESXi, vCenter, other OS
- OS Hardening.
- Previous experience working with Domain controllers, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Understanding of concepts of Server-Client comm., network topologies, TCP/ IP Model,
- OSI Model, VLAN, subnetting.
- Basic knowledge in Linux OS.
- Setup / knowledge of filesystem / working with terminal / certificates.
- Knowhow on scripting languages like PowerShell / powerCLI etc.
- Optional: vRealize automation.
- Optional: Infra as Code (Ansible).
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. But you’ll
also get to visit other locations in India and globe, so you’ll need to go
where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with
teams impacting entire cities, countries and the shape of things to come. We’re
Siemens. A collection of over 396,000 minds building the future, one day at a
time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome
applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All
employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business
need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time