Piping Component Engineer - Locomotives
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Is accountable for the Delivery of Piping Integration outputs of one or more functions, in compliance with the Engineering Quality Cost and Delivery commitments.
- Ensure an efficient interface & alignment with internal / External stakeholders such as Engineering, Procurement, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Project management, suppliers & subcontractors for assigned project / Tender.
- Collaborate with other functional groups to manage requirements and provide inputs for interfacing with Controls, electrical and mechanical groups.
- Participate in Design reviews as per project/Tender milestones and get necessary approvals for design release.
- Support lead for Requirement management.
- Application of piping / pneumatic design for Braking, Sanding, Pantograph, Wiper system and Wheel flange lubrication functions.
- Responsible for integration & calculation of appropriate length of Inter-vehicle & Vehicle to bogie pneumatic hoses.
- Responsible for physical integration of pneumatic piping & equipment’s for locomotive
- Working knowledge of Pipe connections, fittings, clamps, flexible hoses, pneumatic devices, cocks, valves etc.
- Ability to create small sheet metal holder & assemblies.
- Ensuring resolution of pneumatic integration issues (mechanical, piping, airflow)
- Participate to definition of pneumatic integration rules (Fixations, Connections, …)
- Support in preparation and documentation for type test and participation in type test.
- Support in FAI & piping integration in Production.
- Pipe routing in CREO 4.0 using Piping work bench.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Mechanical Engineer min 5 years’ relevant experience in Piping integration preferably in Locomotives. Metro or Trainset experience can also be considered.
- Know-how of Piping integration – Design, development, manufacturing, Testing & validation.
- Ability to implement existing process and approaches in his domain.
- Show Problem-solving competence.
- Knowhow and use Creo, PDM link & SAP will be added advantage.
- Has already worked (preferably) with Train builders.
- Able to demonstrate management of engineering teams.
- Being agile, ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline.
- Able to work in an international & multicultural environment within a matrix organization structure.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (in English).
- Ready to travel locally and internationally as in when required by projects.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time