Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel-Contract Manager who shall be working in our Siemens Mobility legal department at Siemens Mobility Ulaşım Sistemleri A.Ş. This role will be a Legal Business Partner and trusted advisor to our business.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide business-oriented legal solutions and advice to business units and corporate departments to facilitate the business goals and objectives, especially drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all legal documents and transactional support.
- Manage project specific limits of authorization (risk management) regarding release/approval of specific contract risks.
- Handle disputes, actual and threatened litigation as well as claim management matters in order to mitigate risks and capture opportunities.
- Supporting the Legal Department with respect to the corporate governance issues eg. drafting the general assembly documents, board decisions, power of attorneys and etc.
- Advise on the data privacy protection regulations and has a general knowledge regarding the GDPR.
- Liaise with and supervise external counsel.
- Conduct or facilitate in-house legal training.
- Align with Legal colleagues in Siemens headquarters and our regional companies.
- Develop and maintain contract templates and training material.
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge of Turkish Legal developments.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Fully qualified lawyer, admitted to the bar in Turkey, with excellent Turkish, European or other academic credentials.
- 5-10 years work experience in a similar position gained in a leading reputable law firm and/or in-house in the mobility, construction and/or infrastructure.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience, with ability to effectively partner with business clients to jointly solve complex issues throughout the contract life cycle.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, hands-on mentality and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Adaptable and commercially minded team player with a collegial personality.
- Experience regarding the Public Procurement Law is an asset.
- Fluency in English.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Please find more information at www.siemens.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Ulasim Sistemleri Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time