Train Architect - Mechanical
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us Tasks
- Creation of an overall technical concept (Mechanical architecture) considering standard components, product strategies and total cost aspects to achieve target costs.
- Clarification of architectural requirements.
- Clarification of all cross-system, technical interfaces.
- Conceptual design of architectures of the Mechanical part (especially train configuration / layout / Carbody / Interior / Cross functional parameters...etc...
- Review of the relevant subsystem concepts.
- Technical support of the TBM/TM and cooperation in the preparation of the technical offer / project
- Cooperation with the relevant specialist groups and technical coordination of the concepts and the requirements.
- Standardization: Develop standardized architectures and demand them in bidding projects. Adaptation of the platform if necessary.
- Support in the development of the test matrix at overall vehicle level.
- Provide guidance and training to the teams.
Use your skills to move the world forwardSkills
- You have successfully completed technical education in one of the fields (Rolling stock engineering / Train architecture / System integration) or similar fields of engineering.
- You have at least 8-10 years of experience in a relevant professional group or activity.
- Team leadership experience is desired.
- You must be fluent in English & Knowledge of German language would be an advantage
- You have experience with the design of drives and components.
- Interest in requirement and systems engineering.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bengaluru, India. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time