Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Legal Contract Specialist (West Zone). You collaborate with internal business partners consisting of the legal team, risk management, credit and collections, lifecycle, sales, finance and lease administration teams as well as other various office staff to address paperwork and contract requests with accuracy and integrity.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Legal Contract Specialist (West Zone), you will be responsible for:
- Prepare contractual agreements using current research methods
- Collaborate with internal Business Partners consisting of legal team, risk Management, Credit and Collections, Lifecycle and Lease Administration teams and other various office staff
- Ensure that the terms of contractual agreements written in language that is legally binding and in accordance with the Siemens Healthineers standards
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are following Siemens Healthineers policies and all applicable federal and state regulations
- Clearly explain contract terminology to interested parties in simple, everyday language
- Self-monitor progress according to the schedule of completion to submit drafts and documents in a timely manner
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency, according to a style guide if provided by the client
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- 4+ years of legal or paralegal experience, preferably working directly with contract law
- Knowledge of current and legally binding contractual language and terminology
- Willingness to work virtually or in an office setting
- Ability to identify, analyze, and suggest solutions for problems, customer complaints, and client concerns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an impeccable mastery of the English language
- Clear adherence to company policies and procurement rules and regulations
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form, that considers cultural norms and the client's best interests
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- This is a hybrid position that can be based out of the following offices: Malvern, PA; Walpole, MA; Newark, DE; Cary, NC
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 to 5 years of related experience, or greater than 5 years in a similar capacity is required
- Ability to travel up to 5% - 10%
- This position requires strong written and oral communication skills with proven interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with people and maintain rapport with internal and external customers is essential.
- Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize workflow, perform under sensitive deadlines. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve moderately complex problems and apply problem-solving skills effectively is needed. Ability to make decisions and recommendations to resolve issues is important.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and collaborate/consult with peers and others outside of functional area to resolve complex issues and improve existing processes.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.