Design Quality Checker - Electrical
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Quality checking of the customized production orders, utilizing railway standards and best engineering practices.
- Act as a key process reviewer (KCM)in SAP for release of engineering documentation such as BOM, Drawings, Technical specifications & ECN’s.
- Acting as a mentor to designers by sharing the quality matrix & incorporating the training & lesson learn.
- Executing the assigned task as per targets set for Quality & Delivery timelines.
- Need to work in a matrix organization.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You must have bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s in Mechanical, Production, Electrical or Industrial Engineering with 5+ years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of PTC Creo 4.0 or equivalent with 5 years of experience (completed coursework can be considered as experience). Will consider other modeling programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relatable experience and willingness and ability to learn PTC Creo 4.0.
- Knowledge of PDM Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
- Checking of Design, drawings & BOM for completeness, correcting GD&T, standard compliance, form/fit/function, tolerance analysis, manufacturing feasibility & assembly accessibility.
- Knowledge of SAP or any other PLM Experience (with ECN, ECO, and ECR process) is preferred.
- Design & Manufacturing knowledge of Welded Steel Structures & design bolted assemblies
- Knowledge of installation of sub-systems, Interior & exterior fittings in Rolling stock is preferred
- Knowledge welding & gluing design
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical integration
- Design & Manufacturing knowledge of sheet metal & FRP parts
- Knowledge of surface protection processes (ie. Painting, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating etc.)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a trainer for internal and external Engineering teams on SAP release process.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality matrix & conducting trainings
- Good knowledge in creating checklist and checking procedure
- Design, Manufacturing & / or Quality experience from Railway industry will be preferred.
- Experience in Change management process for a one or more Rolling stock project.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time