Senior software engineer – Diagnostics,
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
As a Senior software engineer – Diagnostics, you will be responsible developing and maintaining diagnostic and data analysis platform for our innovative rail vehicles. Your task, and responsibilities are as follows:
- Definition of system requirements and system interface specifications for Vehicle diagnostics system
- Creating technical architecture and design concepts for various diagnostic and data analysis applications.
- Development of the system/subsystem/Hardware/Software/ interfaces.
- Developing and maintaining diagnostic and data analysis platform across all subsystems with compliance to the customer requirements.
- You clarify the interfaces between the Vehicle control and diagnostic server.
- Integrate and develop external 3rd party devices to vehicle control for diagnostics management and landside communication.
- Establish system for smart monitoring of rail vehicles also actively contribute to developing smart data analysis tools on server
- Work on firmware development for diagnostics management devices, hands on experience with IoT devices.
- Analyse the requirements, structure them, and create complex control and circuit concepts.
- Generating software test specifications, conduct code review and support in design verification.
- You should be able to implement upgradation / new work of application software with end-to-end responsibility using V model approach.
- You should support in integration tests and validation tests.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- We are looking for candidates having bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical, electronic or computer science with 8+ years of relevant rolling stock experience.
- Good understanding of standards such as IEC 50128, IEC 61131, IEC 61375 etc.
- You also have in-depth knowledge of Python,C, C++, Matlab, HTML.
- You are familiar with Jenkins, Amazon web services, have already gone through the engineering process.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with way side communication devices.
- You should demonstrate strong teamwork and able to guide peers to bring out required results
- Experience in working with MVB, and Ethernet communication protocols. Knowledge of TRDP would be added advantage.
- Experience with wayside and condition-based monitoring would be also added advantage.
- Strong understanding and proven experience with requirement engineering is prerequisite.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time