Your goal is to shape the future and transform the lives of millions of people for the better.
Creating the tomorrow, you want to live in, your role as strategic product manager will design the landscape of the future controller for DI Factory Automation controllers with special focus to the Chinese market. Your entrepreneurial skills will open new opportunities for our customers and help SIEMENS to transform the industry of the future.
What are my responsibilities?
- You are a product manager and are responsible for the topic of future controller from the product definition/strategy to the local market launch and the phase of active, local marketing
- In close cooperation with colleagues from HQ and based on customer feedback, you will create customer-value-oriented market requirements for the future controller innovation.
- You formulate and prioritize system and product requirements taking into account future scenarios and market analyses, define system/product delivery stages and develop proposals for product scaling and pricing.
- In addition, you analyze and evaluate competitors
- Takes part in product definition process / review process for new worldwide product developments to make the products successful in the Chinese market.
- Analyzes preconditions of future market differentiation and product portfolio divergence, proposes related product line concepts and business models along the whole value chain in accordance with the HQ strategies.
- Analyzes innovation & technology trends in the Chinese market, derives a strategic roadmap of automation innovations in emerging markets to contribute insights to the FA innovation and product roadmap.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Expected education is Bachelor/Master in Automation, IT, or Industry field
- >5 years working experience in automation relevant branch.
- Previous Job position in Product Management, Research and development or other technical departments.
- Solid technical background and best with hand-on engineering experience with Industry automation products and solutions.
- Solid technical background and best with hand-on engineering experience with software define controller and applications.
- Solid IT knowledge and best with hand-on engineering experience.
- Technical background and engineering experience of IT/OT integration application as a plus.
- Cloud technical knowledge and application experience in industry branch as a plus.
- Edge computing knowledge and application experience in industry branch as a plus.
- Ability for structured & analytic approach to analyze status, propose measures, implement and follow-up
- Good communication skills internally and externally, and good ability to listen
- Good presentation skills to present in front of technical and management audience
- Quick learner and with good business sense
- Teamwork spirit
- High proficiency English
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is the leading provider in the fields of automation systems, industrial controls and industrial software worldwide. Its portfolio ranges from standard products for the manufacturing and process industries to solutions for whole industrial sector that encompass automotive, chemicals, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, glass and solar, as well as water and wastewater.
The Digital Industry (DI) Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies in China in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
Please find more information on our organization at http://www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time