Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track toward changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
Let’s Talk About You
• Performing advanced network studies for HVDC projects during offers and execution (such studies include Dynamic Performance, Network Restoration, and Interaction).
• Developing and validating detailed simulation models for several EMT software, such as PSCAD/EMTDC, Matlab/Simulink and EMTP-RV.
• Optimizing the overall behavior of HVDC control systems (for instance with regards to dynamic and black-start performances) according to the customer’s technical specifications and national grid code requirements.
• Developing and parametrizing advanced HVDC control systems such active filtering, grid forming and multi-terminal controls.
• Analyzing potential interactions, such as control and sub-synchronous torsional interactions, between the HVDC converter and other controlled devices in the power system via simulation models and the analysis of the converter harmonic impedance.
• Presenting study results to customers written and orally, as well as training the customers on the developed simulation models and explaining their documentation.
• Support to the project management with expertise in technical discussions, participation in customer meetings and coordination of external partners.
Your Skills And Qualifications
• University degree (Master/Bachelor) in electrical power engineering.
• 7+ years of professional experience in the area of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network/HVDC/FACTS.
• Good knowledge in high voltage applications, power transmission systems, power electronics and HVDC technology. Knowledge of relevant global standards, regulations, and guidelines.
• Expertise in control engineering and modelling of HVDC systems in the time domain and frequency domain.
• Professional user of typical power system simulation programs (e.g., PSCAD/EMTDC, Matlab/Simulink, EMTP-RV, PSSE, Python Tools)
• Fluent English mandatory (spoken and written).
• Outstanding team skills, initiative, and customer orientation.
• High ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural team.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time