Performance Test Architect (NFR)Job description
The Performance Test Architect is a technical leader in the testing organization and is a strategic participant across many development efforts. Sets the overall direction for performance testing throughout the organization. Also, the Architect provides overall leadership on performance test strategy, test environment design, improvement and future growth of performance testing architecture and framework.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Drive the definition and testing of non-functional requirements (NFRs), coordinate the efforts across the IT Domain teams that continuously develop and deploy software enhancements and new products within the company's technology platform.
- Definition of Performance / NFR test strategies and plans, driving the definition of the test cases supporting the testing of NFRs.
- Management and coordinate organize ion of the test execution across Technology, including the risks and issues related to Performance / NFR test delivery.
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Supervise, and implement, technology implementation and modification activities, particularly for new or shared infrastructure and architecture solutions. Consult on application or infrastructure development projects on performance and non-functional requirements matters. Serve as the point of contact for non-functional testing initiatives.
- Perform cloud, front and backend in-depth analysis and fixing to identify root cause of performance-related issues and provide key recommendations
- Advise and assist delivery teams in design and construction of performant, scalable software solutions
- Recommend and drive key performance optimizations by collaborating across multiple Product Development and Service Delivery departments.
- Drive improvements in system availability, reliability and consistency of software performance across our product offering
- Effectively communicate risks, employ appropriate risk mitigation strategies and tactics, and engage withpartnerss at all levels Coaching/mentoring performance test engineers and scrum teams on performance testing standard methodologies.
- Provide guidance and direction to performance engineers/testers to ensure high standards of work.
- Oversight of portfolio team’s work products: performance strategy plans and results analysis.
- Evaluate new technology stacks against current tool set, implementing appropriate changes as necessary.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of performance engineering processes, maintaining performance industry standards and Cloud best practices across the organization.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable improvements and innovations on the company's technology platform overall's technical performance
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of demonstrable relevant IT work experience including application
- development/engineering, administration and support, and technical performance testing and management.
- Strong proven experience in performance test planning, Hands on performing multiple projects
- Experience designing and driving integrated testing and large acceptance testing within industrial
- applications (web and/or app) is required.
- Testing related certifications (ISTQB (CT-PT), SAFe Agilist etc.)
- QA related publications in developer/tester conferences would be a plus
- Shown background in performance and NFR testing from strategy to execution
- Experience of delivering performance testing across SaaS, PaaS and on-premise technologies, in particular across solutions implemented in public cloud environments. Experience working in AWS environments is highly valued.
- Hands on experience on NFRs (Quality Attributes) handling by applying the design tactics andappropriate test design methods to addressing it.
- Experience in architecture documentation e.g. after the arc42 standard
- Experience of Performance Load Modelling.
- Proficient in designing scripts & performing tests using tools like LoadRunner, Apache JMeter, Selenium etc.
- Experience on working with Application Performance Management (APM) tools like DataDog, AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace to collect various performance metrics such as Response times, Throughput, Hits per second, CPU, Garbage Collection, Memory utilization and Memory leaks of the applications under test.Hands-on experience in automating QA across the testing lifecycle (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing).
- Hands-on experience working under agile methodologies and DevOps environments. Proficient working with DevOps toolchains and CI/CD software delivery models.
- Ability to quickly debug and solve problems that may arise in work products.
- Proficient technical understanding of application ecosystems, including integrations, data flow and access control
- Proficiency in program and quality management and issue management.
- Strong OOPS programming skills
- Solid Design Principles
- Hands-on experience in using Git or SVN and source control.
- A proven track record to lead testing across several teams in disparate locations, partnering with internal or external software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Good communication skills.
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and support and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time