Team Leader II - HVDC Control & Protection
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Coordinates and supervises Engineering activities for Solutions, leads and advises a team of qualified professionals and technicians and ensures adherence to processes and procedures to fulfill the larger Engineering strategy and targets.
• Administrative and functional management and disciplinary lead of a team for Project Engineers in Control & Protection.
• The responsibility covers personnel management to maintain a properly performing organizational unit (i. e. manpower planning, hiring, staff dialogue, salary review, further education, training and development). Provides suitable work environment.
• Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures for the Engineering Team assigned.
• Ensure that the deliverables and services of the organizational unit to the projects are economic, state of the art, of high quality and provided in time.
• Support target-oriented planning and management agreed budgets, assignment and administration of personnel resources.
• Continuous improvement of processes, tools and techniques.
• Collaboration and communication with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
• Ability to effectively obtain, develop and communicate technical information to all stakeholders.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electronic Engineering
• 10 years of experience in engineering, functional lead roles, site commissioning of power transmission systems. Preferable: Worked in HVDC/FACTS.
• Good knowledge of HVDC technology in the domain of Control & Protection.
• Proficient in the English language (orally and verbally) and preferably basic German language skills.
• Basic knowledge of PM methodology and Business Administration in the solution business
• Basic knowledge of leadership principles, people management and related tools and procedures with a keen interest in significantly developing these skills further.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project).
• Extraordinary Intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural team across borders and companies.
• Open minded and creative in collaboration with management, peers, colleagues inside and outside the own organizational unit.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time