We have a fantastic opportunity to join Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure as a EHS advisor.
The role will be permanent full-time and based at our Chippenham offices.
About the role
As the EHS advisor you will champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in every area of the Business.
You will act as an expert Adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence.
- Support and facilitate effective and proportionate management of EHS Adviser within business unit.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and assistance to enable delivery of risk management as part of business as usual.
- Collate information to monitor delivery against agreed KPIs.
- Integrate fully with local management team and work to support local needs and objectives.
- Develop positive and proactive business relationships within business unit, across the EHS Team, and with other stakeholders as required.
- Develop subject matter expertise in identified areas and provide specialist advice and support on these matters as required.
- Champion, advice and support risk management.
- Support the development of risk assessments and work instructions, monitor implementation and identify areas for improvement.
- Actively demonstrate commitment to the Siemens zero harm principles and 4 steps process.
- Support and facilitate delivery of the Improvement Programme across the business.
- Collate data and facilitate reporting as required.
- Advise and support local management, provide and deliver briefing material as required, monitor delivery and report against agreed KPIs as required.
- Develop material to share lessons learned as required, and actively support HSEQ Team with communication related to subject matter expertise and programme responsibility.
- Facilitate promotion of a positive culture in the business.
- Role model effective behaviours.
- Champion implementation of culture development tools and programmes in business unit and facilitate adoption of these by managers and workforce (including contractors and 3PW)
- Engage in a structured programme of development to build skills and behaviours necessary to support a proactive and engaged approach to mgmt.
- Undertake skills profiling exercise.
- Develop and agree personal development programme with Line Manager.
- Undertake identified development activity in accordance with agreed timeline and demonstrate positive approach to self development.
- Seek opportunities for consistency and efficiency where appropriate and share information and resources appropriately.
- Engage in, and record, structured activity to promote continuing professional development
- Level 3 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability or quality management
- Qualification in second discipline
- 1 year relevant experience
- Qualification in Internal Audit
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- Level 5 or 6 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability or quality management
- Level 3 or above qualification in second discipline
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time