Join our Smart Infrastructure division as a Security Service Engineer. This is a fantastic role for an experienced service engineer who has the ability and proven track record of servicing, maintaining and commissioning large integrated security systems. This role will be customer focused, delivering an end to end service for one of our major contracts, being a daily contact point and supporting the customer with contract deliverables.
This role is focused on maintaining systems on our customer sites within the western / north Yorkshire area (Harrogate / Leeds / York), however travel to other areas may also be required at times.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What will you deliver?
• To work closely with other team members on-site or remotely, to ensure staff can efficiently and effectively address client and company needs whilst stimulating their own development and motivation.
• Service and commission security systems including CCTV, Access Control, and Intruder Alarm Systems in line with manufacturer and industry standards.
• Produce required paperwork both internally and externally for the customer.
• Be part of an out of hours call out rota to deal with fault calls.
• Assist small works & projects departments with the production of quotes and completion of works including surveys, installation & commissioning.
• Be Subject to Vehicle, Equipment & Process Audits to ensure all Siemens processes are followed.
• To provide and collate data to generate site specific RAMS as required.
• Carry out your own PPE / safety equipment checks prior to use and ensure they are maintained in line with the company Health and Safety policy and processes,
• Actively participate in any arranged company training in a positive manner / to actively self-learn where ever possible and be able to demonstrate that knowledge or skill has been gained.
• Attend arranged courses / on site experience and training by peers / self learning tools, books, internet. To improve individual skill sets and therefore the company’s ability to provide the high level of service activity expected.
• Completion to the required standard any chargeable works orders and to deal with any identified defects.
What skills and experience you will bring to the role?
• Proven industry experience in the servicing and maintenance of security systems including CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Systems is a prerequisite.
• Service and Commissioning experience of Milestone would be a preference for the role.
• Experience in IP networking is essential.
• Experience working with Windows server 2019, experience carrying out windows firmware updates and patches
• You should be a technical Engineer with a proven record in fault finding.
• Strong organisational skills; able to priorities workloads, including the ability to multi-task effectively.
• Possessing a good level of commercial acumen balanced with customer focus.
• A key part of the role will be the engagement with our customers and therefore we require experience of working directly with customers on their sites.
• You will need to be mobile, have a full driving license and prepared to travel to all sites within the remit of the role which will involve some staying away from home.
Siemens is constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation shapes the future; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to support us on this journey.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. See our flexibility culture here.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time