Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Under close supervision, the Electrical Engineering Technician I will utilize various electronic equipment, document test data, and read schematics. Test, troubleshoot and repair process products and subassemblies. This position requires supervision to carry out testing process. Reports to Production Supervisor and/or Team Leader.
· Assist Tech II and Tech III with necessary or applicable assignments in the testing process
· Evaluate and test System Operating Programs to compare to Factory Accepted Test Plans
· Assist with testing and troubleshooting
· Wiring, cable prepping, and assembling as per the wiring diagrams. Read and understand all related drawings including, but not limited to, assembly drawings, bill of material (BOM), test procedures and troubleshoot from schematics
· Complete quality inspection of labels and hardware check and conduct complete point to point wire check on final product prior to electrical testing
· Utilize test equipment including, but not limited to, OHM meters, O’scopes
· Perform basic board level soldering
· Adhere to all safety guidelines and utilize all PPE
· 5S activities and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
· Must be able to communicate with other technicians and engineers.
· Have a working knowledge of common hand and power tools and test equipment.
· Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
· May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
· Math Skills required.
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability to work and adapt in a team environment.
· Good written and oral communication required.
· Ability to work overtime and flexible hours.
· Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
· Ability to use basic Functions of Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
· Proficient with drive software
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.