Firmware Engineer (BMC)
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, mechanical engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your mission in new role:
Work together with different engineers in our Agile development team, to design, implement, maintain, enhance, test and debug for Siemens IPC products. You will join our journey to the new industrial computing world.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
1. You will design and implement BMC firmware and related features with other engineers for a new generation of IPC product, IPC based machine vision or intelligent system by understanding customer value.
2. You will be part of a newly created, fun, innovative, diverse, and international team (China, German)
3. You plan development work package with balance of cost, schedule, and quality, under suitable effort estimation, manage the implementation and continues improvement for better solution in projects.
4. You need to implement the design, coding, testing, debugging, problem solving, reporting during the whole PLM process under the Agile context.
5. You support and conduct test considering the test plan for end-to-end delivery and programming for automation test.
6. You participate in development environment set up plan with security consideration under supporting from configuration manager.
7. In addition to your developer role you can also take other functions in the area of the architecture or also as a scrum master in future.
8. You love continuous learning and sharing to team members and be unafraid of bring new ideas forward.
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
1. Ideally you have successfully completed university education in the areas of Informatics, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on practical programming experiences.
2. You have good logic and strategic thinking and deep level debug skills and have more than 3 years of professional experience in BMC firmware development.
3. You should demonstrate expertise in C/C++ programing languages.
4. You should have strong knowledge and solid project experience to the AMI BMC or OpenBMC development for the x86 based system.
5. You should have strong knowledge to the IPMI or Redfish.
6. You should have strong knowledge to the LPC, PCIE, USB, UART, LAN interface and its protocol.
7. You should have strong knowledge to the embedded system development based on the AST chipset.
8. You are good at communication with international project team, strategic thinking and result orientated.
9. You are a quick learner for new technologies and technology trend.
10. You are fluent in English (oral and written) – additional languages are plus but not required.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time