We are looking for the best talent to create Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Power Distribution Systems for the datacenters of the future. Come expand your career with us!
Create a better tomorrow with us.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to scope, timeline and budget. This includes directing or advising resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of team members to ensure the timely delivery of projects. The Project Manager will also lead all aspects of quality control throughout the project. Afterwards, the project will be handed over to our after sales department. As a (senior) project manager we will challenge you to grow into a program managers role for our biggest clients. If you want more info on our projects, please take a look at our ElectricityMatters
What does this role feel like?
Our scope of works include detailed engineering, manufacturing, delivery, installation, test and commissioning of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Power Distribution Systems for international datacenter projects – including Sivacon busbar trunking systems, Air and Gas insulated Medium Voltage switchgears – NXAIR, 8DJH, NXPLUS C, modular solutions including ehouse, skid, and frames, Low Voltage Power Distribution Units (PDU), etc. including digital protection and automation systems such as SIPROTEC, etc.
Important is to understand, prepare, and execute a professional and executable project management plan. This plan will bring the maximum momentum to the project and maximum positive energy to the team. One of the main things you will bring to the table is experience in proper stakeholder management – especially at project important milestones i.e. when the engineering phase is to finish after Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and we are to start site works including installation, test, commissioning, etc., or when Site Acceptance Test (SAT) is to be done.
Since our projects are mainly done in large scale datacenters – and knowing the fast track approaches while execution - your number one priority is always safety!
You are responsible for:
- Project execution; start from contract signing until handover to employer which includes engineering, manufacturing, logistics, installation and commissioning.
- HSE (health, safety and environment) management for the complete project, with main focus on site activities.
- Proactively lead changes in project scope to improve success and minimize risk to the customer and the company
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements for the contracted scope of the project(s).
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Maintain the relationship with the client and all partners.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Coach, mentor, encourage and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
For 175, Siemens has been providing solutions to the challenges of today and tomorrow. Appreciation, opportunities and possibilities are key components of working at Siemens. We offer a permanent job in an informal and professional environment. We give you a lot of space and responsibility. In addition:
- A salary appropriate to your background, experience plus variable income.
- The possibility to work part-time (minimum 32 hours per week, flexible scheduling).
- Training and personal development receive a lot of attention.
- 40 days of leave, a buddy, participation in our share programme and more.
- Hybrid working: 50% in the office and 50% at home. Siemens provides the necessary resources for working from home.
- An annual health budget of €150 to be used for personal health goals, such as exercise, nutrition and relaxation.
We believe that diversity creates more opportunity for success. That is why we recruit bright minds from all walks of life: it does not matter gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main goal is to find people who can contribute to innovative technology.Your background
- Proven record of 7+ years as a successful Project Manager
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects with a focus on Electrical engineering
- PMP or IPMA certified
- VCA VOL or ISO 45001 (formal OHSAS) safety certified
- At least Bachelors’ degree in, preferred in electrical engineering or power systems engineering
- Excellent client-facing and internal presentation skills
- Positive attitude and can do mentality
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, Advanced time management and problem solving skills
- 25% travel abroad is required.
We don’t need superheroes, but super minds
Sounds interesting? Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button below.
If you should have any questions, please contact Marianne van Ruyven, P&O Talent Acquisition,
+31 6 1020 4360.
Screening and an online assessment are part of the application process.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time