We’re looking for sustainable energy and infrastructure enthusiasts with skills and vision to join us grow our debt portfolio resilient to today’s challenges and vital to build a better tomorrow.
Join Siemens Bank in our London Branch as a Senior Risk Manager in the EMEA Project Finance team to underwrite and manage projects in our exciting pipeline of traditional and emerging energy and infrastructure transactions including renewables, flexible generation, battery storage, e-mobility, data centre, smart infrastructure, and digital industries projects.
Whilst this role is based in our London Branch, we have a flexible working policy and offer a combination of home and office working.
What part will you play?
As part of a strong and established team of project and structured finance risk managers, you will support the Bank’s continued growth in the energy and infrastructure sectors with a focus on energy transition transactions. In this context you will underwrite and manage your own projects whereby you will:
- Perform comprehensive new transaction risk analysis for project finance and infrastructure loan transactions based in the UK and the Middle East
- Manage the underwriting process with a focus on risk assessment and optimising structures
- Coordinate the various workstreams in the transaction team (e.g. Rating, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Asset Management, Operations) during the underwriting and portfolio monitoring
- Evaluate transactions from a risk/return perspective and present applications to SFS and/or Siemens Bank Management and Committee(s)
- Prepare the credit applications including the due diligence of credit material, review and negotiation of the financial model, and of the commercial and financing agreements
- Assess requests for consents, waivers and amendments and represent SFS/Siemens Bank as main point of contact
- Develop, implement and monitor compliance with risk strategies, operating policies and practices to ensure effective risk management, both in initial risk assessment and over the lifetime of transactions
- Maintain sound understanding of the energy sector, as well as current market conditions and financing trends
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- Significant transactional experience (either lending or advisory) in energy and infrastructure project finance with ideally experience structuring energy transition transactions
- Solid understanding of the UK energy sector
- Sound financial modelling skills
- Familiarity with complex financial structures and transaction analysis
- Capacity to review and negotiate legal documentation
- Understanding of risk management processes/tools
- A university degree complemented ideally with a finance-related post-graduate or professional qualification
Will you fit our team?
We would like to complement our team with an individual whose behaviour is fit for our team culture where we value:
- Ability to lead and own projects with motivated, proactive and positive attitude
- Capacity to make and communicate well-informed and analytical decisions
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams with respect and integrity
We’ve got quite a lot to offer!
The position is based in our Siemens Bank’s London Office, situated in the city financial area.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, bonus, private healthcare, 26 holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
About Siemens Bank
Siemens Bank primarily offers mid- and long-term investment and project financing. The primary focus are European and Asian countries and selected emerging markets. As a result of the business focus of the Siemens Group, we have significant presence in the energy generation and distribution, transportation and infrastructure, healthcare and industry segments. Our structuring know-how, access to leading financial institutions as a syndication partner and industry-specific expertise, flexibility and reliability sets us apart.
Siemens Bank is based in Munich and has currently offices in Germany, Great Britain and Singapore. We are part of Siemens Financial Services (SFS) supporting Siemens and external companies with innovative financing that makes a difference. Siemens Financial Services combines in-depth industry know-how, financing expertise and extensive risk management experience to support our customers and partners around the world on our joint path to a more sustainable future.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Bank GmbH, London Branch
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time