The Aerospace Regional Account Manager (RAM) is responsible for demand creation for Siemens products and services in the aerospace and defense end user manufacturing segment. Success is measured by consumption of Siemens products and services in Aerospace & Defense end user community, and the driving of end user specification into the wider global OEM and integrator market. The RAM will work together with the Boeing global Corporate Account Manager and Technical Account Manager to drive local Boeing initiatives and win market share. In addition to the focus on Boeing, the RAM will cover end user A&D customers (including tier suppliers) in WA, OR, ID, and MT.
- A strong focus on the A&D Aerostructure and Space manufacturing segments and it’s associated supply chain will be a major responsibility of the role. The candidate will be required to provide marketing advice/leadership to operational units for overall market effectiveness.
- Leads strategic/business development plans to support market share objectives.
- Leads development of strategies for profitable penetration into existing market segments.
- Leads/drives new program ideas resulting in profitable market strategies.
- Aligns/applies entire scope of Siemens products, solutions, services to meet Industry Segment and customer's business goals.
- Expedites and escalates key customer complaints/problems as is required to obtain satisfactory and timely resolution.
- Incorporates results of market/other research and inputs from technology sources to assure Siemens designs and products can be specified or migrated by Industry equipment providers including key automation integrators.
- Improving sales volume/market share through direct actions with nominated key aerospace accounts including Boeing, Blue Origin, and local NW Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace, Defense and Space industry
- Interfacing with relevant BU’s is essential to ensure opportunity management and project transparency and support.
- This position is expected to travel at least 50% and will cover WA, OR, ID, and MT
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A BS degree or equivalent is required along with 10+ years of related experience.
- The role will require excellent communication skills with previous account management experience essential.
- A proven track record in new business development, aerospace and defense manufacturing experience, and a wide and varied knowledge of Siemens Industry would be advantageous, with a strong focus on the Machine Tool, Sinumerik, element of our product range including factory automation solutions.
- The candidate must show a strong ability to plan and implement the overall Vertical Sales Segment (VSS) Aerospace strategies and initiatives, and where necessary coordinate with our applications team, product management, service management, Vertical Market Management account team and HQ in Germany.
- Special procedures are required when dealing with customers and information in the Defense segment. Specifically, International Treaty in Arms Regulations (ITAR) adherence and US residency status are of vital importance.
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.