Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Please note that this role is preferred to be in Knoxville, TN but not a requirement. Access to an airport for travel is needed.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Manufacturing Support and Service Technician
In this position the employee will provide the following services to support production of PET biomarkers at PETNET manufacturing facilities:
- Provide onsite manufacturing support of PET biomarkers at PETNET Solutions manufacturing facilities across the country.
- Perform complex compounding, manufacturing (cyclotron and chemistry module operation) and quality control processes utilizing analytical equipment (TLC, HPLC, GC, etc.) under supervision as required by State and Federal law
- Perform on-site applications, training, and qualification for new and existing site personnel.
- Assist field and quality personnel in investigations triggered by manufacturing and operational issues.
- Review, revise and/or develop technical documentation utilized in biomarker production, quality control and equipment maintenance
This is a role well suited to
an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Manufacturing
Support and Service Technician with our Technical and Manufacturing Support
Team, you will be responsible for:
- Travel to PETNET Solution Pharmacies to assist sites in the production process
- Train and qualify new operators in new and current biomarker processes
- Assist sites in identifying failures and completing investigations of the most complex field problems
- Complete assigned trainings and maintain qualifications to ensure readiness to support manufacturing efforts
- Ensure quality expectations for the company are met, communicating in a timely manner issues that require input from other departments.
- Prioritize identified problems and develop solutions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS degree in chemistry, engineering or other science fields or equivalent experience recommended
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the production of PET biomarkers or commercial operations Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent attention to detail in the execution of job responsibilities
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of analytical equipment (TLC, HPLC, GC, etc.), how it works and interpretation of results
- Up to 60-75% travel as required to perform job functions
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with 18F radiochemistry is preferred but training will be provided to an otherwise well-qualified candidate
- Experience with general radiation safety and hazardous material handling or similar technical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed
- Experience in operation and maintenance of complex analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC and TLC
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: PETNET Solutions, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.