Acting as an expert and partner, the QMiP supports, advises and controls the Project Manager and the Project Team in the planning, implementation and coordination of project-specific quality assurance actions. What is more, the QMiP acts in a controlling function, serving in particular to ensure compliance with the defined processes. The QMiP shall detail the approvals for release that he issues within the scope of his tasks and duties.Tasks
The role of the QMiP includes the following major tasks, responsibilities and proficiencies:
- Act as contact person for all project-related quality and process issues.
- Ensure that the project / product requirements spelled out in the requirements table(s) of the Project/Product Requirements Specification and Design Requirements Specification are reviewed for consistency, transparency and testability, and that implementation of those requirements is supervised throughout the project.
- Advise the Project Manager on project-specific adaptation of the development process within the scope of the stipulated specifications and requirements (Tailoring).
- Plan appropriate quality assurance measures in a quality plan as part of the overall project plan.
- Check the appropriateness of the scope of planned type tests, where appropriate evaluate test results and interpret said results together with the Project Manager.
- Monitor process quality in the project, resolve nonconformities, and coordinate and administer resulting actions.
- Prioritize the performance of a risk analysis, detail the results and supervise their implementation.
- Initiate FMEA and facilitate where appropriate.
- Support the Project Manager’s efforts to prepare quality-related project reports, including collating and documenting project experiences (Lessons Learned).
- Supervise for accurate and orderly performance and documentation of reviews and the Q-gates within the project.
- Lead and moderate readiness checks, landmarks and QGate meetings
- Request and supervise implementation of vital corrective actions.
- Monitor project documentation for completeness.
- Provide information and tips for process improvement to Process Managers and Owners.
To fulfill his function the QMiP needs under others the following knowledge, experience and abilities. The appointment of the QMiP depends on the project content and volume as also the project side conditions.Quality management e.g. DIN ISO 9001
Content and work flow of test activities of the related project/product portfolioBasic project knowledge
System knowledge to applied software e.g. AO Professional, 8D Universal, SAP, MS OfficeProject related quality assurance
QMiP Certificate required
Several years of collaboration in projects
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.