- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Constructing base templates if necessary.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, saws, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations.
- Previous work experience as a metal fabricator.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, saws and drill presses.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to stand for 10 hours.
- Ability to operate basic tools.
- High School Education or GED equivalent
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.