Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an expert Mechanical Engineer / Production Engineer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate’s primary role will be to provide engineering support in the fabrication of rail vehicle carshell structures and complete fabrication and assembly of rail bogies. As this position collaborates with the production shop, being on site every work day is required. We are looking for professionals with the vital drive, focus and skills needed to succeed in a high paced and multifaceted production environment.Production Engineer – Carshell and Bogie Systems
Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Production Engineer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate’s primary role will be to provide engineering support in the fabrication of rail vehicle carshell structures and complete fabrication and assembly of rail bogies. As this position works with the production shop, being on site every workday is required. We are looking for professionals with the vital drive, focus and skills needed to succeed in a high paced and multifaceted production environment.
Carshell/Bogie Production Engineering is embedded in the fast paced environment of the production facility. The successful candidate will be working daily alongside of production shop personnel, Quality Assurance inspectors and customer resident inspectors. In the role of Production Engineer, you will assist both the Engineering Design and Production Engineering departments to ensure the fit, form and function of the specified design is conveyed to and carried out on the factory floor. This includes providing engineering-based expertise, mentorship, and solutions vital to ensure production goals are maintained, while simultaneously ensuring product safety and quality remains unparalleled within the rail industry.
A successful candidate has the skills necessary to interpret sophisticated information delivered from the factory floor, locate and interpret relevant technical drawings, specifications and bills of material, and then translate the entirety of information into engineering-based instructions and/or redline drawing updates. Candidates must also possess the skills necessary to approve/disapprove the use of non-conforming components, build repair procedures and provide feedback to suppliers requesting deviation allowances.
Applicants must be both a great teammate and take ownership for their work. They must also be motivated, detail oriented and able to solve and resolve technical issues with minimal direction. Successful candidates have detailed knowledge of machine design and machining processes. Extensive knowledge of welding codes and welding processes is a plus, as is hands on welding experience.Responsibilities:
- Be on site every working day to provide engineering-based solutions/mentorship on production related issues, applying industry standards, approved processes, root cause analysis, and best engineering practices.
- Accurately discern when proposed changes require structural recalculations to be performed and/or when design engineering input is required.
- Perform engineering evaluations on requests for deviation and provide either justification for use or repair procedures when applicable.
- Ensure production engineering assistance is provided in a timely manner so that the production schedule is impacted as little as possible. Production engineering response time is typically one business day.
- Experience crafting/manufacturing mechanical systems
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Machining and tooling experience
- Knowledge of welded steel/stainless steel structures and design, including welding theory, application, and inspection methods (AWS D1.1 and EN 15085 preferred).
- Interpreting engineering level drawings and/or bill of materials (BOM)
- Fundamental understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Eager to collaborate and capture feedback from other technical specialists to resolve efficient solutions
- Continually seeks to improve the process used to serve internal and external customers
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, collaborating with factory workers
- Crafting repair procedures
- Approving/Disapproving of materials through Non-Conformance (NC) process
- Fundamental knowledge of structural FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Experience with Creo CAD software or similar 3D modeling software
- Ability to comprehend details presented by the analysis group responsible for welded structures with regards to static, fatigue, and creep; as well as provide constructive dialog from the perspective of production when collaboratively resolving issues.
- Releasing parts using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Supplier Request for Deviation (SRD) review and approval/rejection
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- SAP software experience
- Conducting First Article Inspections (FAI’s) with customer present
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree or similar degree with 2 years experience preferred.
- Will also entertain recent or soon to be Mechanical Engineering or similar degree graduates.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $84,150- $140,250.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.