Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Mechanical Designer with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will design specialized equipment that makes the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will provide solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.Responsibilities:
- Design steel enclosures and copper bus structures per UL code for our Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) product line
- Release enclosures and bus systems, to operations using the COMPAS product configurator and the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Conceptualize and develop the layouts and designs that accompany ATS sales submittals
- Research parts for and respond to inquiries from our field service team
- Support our operations team by providing updates related to ATS production releases
- Maintain and improve mechanical documentation, process Engineering Change Orders, and create Bills of Materials related to ATS product line
- Read and interpret Mechanical drawings and one-line diagrams to develop product designs for our operations team to manufacture
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience with CAD software required; AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of UL codes and National Electric Code preferred
- Ability to interpret physical drawings and system schematic one-line diagrams required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Interpersonal skills that allow for goal accomplishment when working with different business teams are required to be successful in this role
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.