Do you have a brief description of this position you would like us to fill?
Purpose of Position (why the position exists)
To track market dynamics, cultivate, leverage and maintain customer relationship, proactively determine customers’ needs and potential opportunities for Steam turbine opportunities in Oil and gas and special applications business in the region within the framework of policies and guidelines of Siemens with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals of the department.
• • Collect market information, track forthcoming projects and prepare project list, monitor competitor’s activities, organize presentations & seminars to facilitate registration with consultants / clients, send product information mailers, maintain customer contact in order to create awareness of Siemens products and favorably influence customers.
• Identify potential customers (preferably in oil and gas industry), build and maintain relationship with new and existing customers, understand the drivers for customers’ business in order to improve Siemens prospects for project acquisition.
• Continuously maintain and update the market information including competitors’ activities, market and industry trends in the region in order to enable the management to analyze and work out strategies.
• Mapping the customer organization and the supporters/non-supporters within, handle contract negotiations by monitoring competitor activities at the prospective customers’ end, networking for negotiations, attend techno-commercial discussions and follow-up with customers and timely feedback in order to ensure proper offer follow-up, improve offer competitiveness and prospect for project acquisition.
• Role requires extensive knowledge & experience of the energy, oil and gas Industry, crucial know-how to close orders directly with customers.
• Support the PM function during Order execution phase for customers in the region with respect to follow-up payment collection and order specific approvals and intervene to resolve issues where required in order to enable smooth/efficient execution of the project.
Qualifications & Skills
Experience : 5-10 years
Minimum Bachelor’s engineering degree or equivalent technical degree.
Knowledge of rotating equipment with API requirements (Steam Turbine & Mechanical Drives).
Prior experience in working with oil and gas consultants and customers like EIL,PDIL,SULZER,KSB,ITT etc.
A solid track record for demonstrating leadership, communication, presentation, and human relation skills.
Excellent negotiation skills.
Strong understanding of commercial and financial aspects of contracts.
Solid knowledge of market dynamics within industry.
Computer skills to include use of Microsoft Office software.