The time to change is now!
It is time to build a sustainable future and define how we evolve through technology with purpose.
At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the business digital transition, from Portugal to the world, and IT solutions with purpose. Our team has more than 1300 experts working in areas such as Analytics & Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Strategy & User Experience.
Lisbon Tech Hub innovates, designs, transforms the information technology solutions and services for Siemens through our delivery units.
Working for Siemens Financial Services Information Technology (SFS IT), you will assume end-to-end responsibility for one or more of our business-critical finance IT applications.
You will secure reliable operations and continuous enhancement while ensuring that regulatory and security requirements as well as agreed service levels are met.
You will achieve this, working hand in hand with our interdisciplinary and international team of IT experts.
Transforming our future starts with every day!
Lisbon Tech Hub is the home of the new technologists - Dream Builders, Impact Creators & Future Makers.
Are you one of them? Join us!
What role will you play?
Become part of our team as a Java Software Developer, where you can join the development of our API platform and leasing applications according to business needs and defined IT requirements (e.g., costs, operation & maintenance, IT security, IT strategy).
A special focus is on the necessary, accelerated digitalization of business processes with the help of innovative technologies.
• Be part of our strategic digitalization program in which we apply leading-edge technologies to realize new business models for our in-house and external financing eco-systems
• Work in international, agile, self-organizing DevOps teams in which you will take end-to-end responsibilities for your innovative solutions
• Implement functional and non-functional change requests in our financing applications
• Become familiar with our sophisticated financing products and processes, like consumption based leasing and extended payment terms, as well as with our business-critical core applications
• Be involved in incident handling, problem analysis and bug-fixing
• Closely collaborate with the cloud platform team
• Keep your technical knowledge up to date with the help of continuous on and off-the-job trainings
• Support API consumers (3rd party developers, e.g., from marketplaces)
• Monitoring the health of the applications, jobs and servers in coordination with Siemens Datacenter/Suppliers
We are looking for:
BS or MS in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or in a related technical field.
At least 4 years working experience in the following context:
- Developing applications using Java based technologies (e.g., JPA, JAX-RS) and stacks (e.g., Java EE / Jakarta EE, Spring / Spring Boot)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and teamworking skills
These skills can also add value, but are not mandatory:
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with DBMS from the development perspective (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with Git based code management processes (e.g., branching strategies)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Knowledge of CI/CD process/pipeline platforms (e.g., GitLab, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of infrastructure tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Work experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of other languages such as German or Swedish
What makes us proud as an employer:
- The Biggest of Tech Portugal -Technology Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão Magazines)
- Top Companies to work in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
- Healthy Workplaces Award - 3rd large corporations (Awarded by Portuguese Psychologists’ Association)
- Most ESG responsible company in Tech/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
- 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, biggest portuguese tech community platform)
We are thrilled to have:
A hybrid working model with a flexible working hours policy in order to promote work life balance. A budget for setting up a home office, health insurance, possibility to have a sabbatical leave or non-paid time off and a financial support program for your studies.
You also have a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
To all these benefits we add the possibility to work in a fresh, relaxed, and always motivated environment
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time