Will you Transform the Everyday with Siemens?
We are a collection of over 303,000 minds creating a better tomorrow, one day at a time. We believe that technology provides the solutions for the greatest challenges of our time. Technology is made by people –it's up to us to lead the change and create impact. This is how we give innovation a meaning. This is technology with purpose.
We are looking for a skilled PLC or SCADA engineer to join our Technical Support team based in Manchester. If you thrive in a flexible working environment, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the most innovative and global leader in Industrial Control and Automation.
As a Technical Support Engineer in Siemens Digital Industries you will help re-imagine the world with new digital solutions and help make our planet a smarter place for tomorrow.
Our team supports customers in Great Britain and Ireland with our world class range of Totally Integrated Automation products and whilst the team are usually based at our UK head office in Manchester, we currently offer a hybrid approach with home and office working. We would also consider candidates across the UK.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their technical knowledge in Siemens products, no matter the starting point, whilst developing valuable communication skills.
What part will you play?
- Provide telephone, email and remote diagnostic support for our partners and customers.
- Apply knowledge and questioning techniques to identify, diagnose and resolve customers’ problems.
- Co-ordinate issues requiring escalation to Siemens AG headquarters.
- Enhance the quality of service delivered to our customers.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Qualified to NVQ / HND / HNC / Degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant automation discipline with experience in the application of SCADA systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Siemens Industrial Automation Products i.e. SIMATIC, TIA and WinCC is desired but not essential as full product training will be provided.
- A good understanding of IT concepts including Security, Databases and Operating Systems is desirable.
- IT Literate
We’ve got a lot to offer. How about you?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here. We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time