Siemens Mobility are recruiting for EHS Professionals as part of our Military to Rail Programme.
The Military to Rail programme offers service leavers and former military personnel the opportunity of a successful career within the rail industry. This is our third time running this highly successful programme and we are delighted to be able to offer the opportunity to support your transition from the military into the Rail Industry. Applicants for these roles should be currently in the military or have left the military in the last 2 years.
For EHS positions we are looking for candidates located commutable distance from our offices in Birmingham and Manchester.
Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in every area of the Business. The role of the advisor will be an independent role within our project portfolio’s / delivery functions to ensure uncompromised professional EHS support
to both internal and external stakeholders.
What will be my responsibilities?
- Provide independent governance and assurance for both Internal and External aligned to EHS regulations and standards, applicable to the project in which they work.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and assistance to enable delivery of risk management as part of business as usual.
- Collate information to monitor delivery against agreed KPIs. Be responsible and manage the specific EHS data within the projects to which the Advisors are aligned.
- Develop subject matter expertise in relevant areas.
- Support the development of risk assessments and work instructions, monitor implementation and identify areas for improvement.
- Support and facilitate delivery of Improvement Programmes across the business.
- Provide advice and champion activity within local business unit.
- Collate data and facilitate reporting as required by the business and our clients.
- Coordinate effective proactive and reactive communication in the business unit to agreed timescales.
- Advise and support local management, provide, and deliver briefing material as required.
- Actively support HSEQ Team with communication related to subject matter expertise and programme responsibility.
- Role model effective behaviours to help facilitate and promote a positive culture in the business.
- Act as a representative of the wider Siemens business ensuring the correct behaviours and attitudes are always displayed.
This is a role that will suit any ex-military person who has demonstrable experience of managing HSE activities within military projects or operations. There is no minimum rank that can apply and is open
to all service arms.
What experience and qualifications do I need for this role?
- Level 3 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability or quality management
- Relevant experience in HSE management
- Internal HSE auditing experience and qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Full UK Driving licence.
Following your application, we will assess your experience and qualifications against our business requirements and make recommendations for the part of our business we think will best fit your skills, qualifications and experience. This will be discussed with you before offering you a place at the assessment centre.
This assessment centre will take place at The National Rail Academy for Rail (NTAR) on 28th & 29th March 2023, with a targeted programme start date of 10th July 2023. Please make sure that you are available for these dates, as we do not know at this stage the time frame for future programmes.
Upon successfully joining Siemens, you will undertake an intensive 6-week training period before moving into a permanent role within our Rail Infrastructure business. The roles on offer post training period are permanent positions and the pay and benefits associated with this role will be discussed with you at the offer stage.
Click here to go straight our dedicated site for the programme. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time