Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical capability and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments - and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Business Development Manager – Emerging Energy Solutions Vertical Markets, is responsible for supporting our Building Products (BP) Fire Safety (FS) team, to drive sales of the Siemens fire and life safety portfolio, directly into the Li-ion and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) vertical market. This includes Li-ion manufacturing, BESS and micro grid solutions, EV factories, as well as remote EV charging stations. As BDM, you will create opportunities at the End User and Engineer level, as well as drive system designs, system budgets and RFP’s, using our Siemens portfolio and solutions.
This position will report directly to the BP FS Director of Sales and will work in close collaboration with our BP FS Territory Managers (TMs). A focus will be placed on our 3rd Party, solution partner network, as all solutions will ultimately be delivered through this channel. This position will also work closely with the BP FS Product Management team to collaborate on product demonstrations, roadshows, and industry events.Responsibilities:
- Create sales opportunities for our Fire / Life Safety solutions within the Emerging Energy Solutions vertical market; specifically focused on the Li-Ion Industry (Manufacturing, BESS, and Electric Vehicles).
- Seek out and meet with industry End User Customers, as well as Engineers, to provide and drive system standardization, project specifications, as well as project RFP’s.
- Drive increase in Siemens specification rate for our fire products (specifically around our Li-Ion solution), by participating with TMs and VAPs to call on and support Architects, Consultants, Electrical Contractors and General Contractors as well as End Users
- Coordinate all sales support activities to facilitate Siemens Li-Ion solutions and fire product offerings.
- Communicate goals and provide performance appraisals thru monthly/quarterly/as needed reporting.
- Maintain a funnel of vertical market prospects to add Siemens fire portfolio and Li-Ion solutions to.
- As needed, assist in reviewing bids to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives using Siemens fire and life safety products with End User customers, the Contracting Tier, and our 3rd party solution partner channel.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to increase the impact to growing sales within this emerging vertical market and industry.
- Participate in the development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies around Siemens products and initiatives within this vertical market and industry.
- Maintain industry trade contacts and participate in functions, expos, and industry networking associations in accordance with Siemens policy.
- Be a resource and sounding board for the Siemens Portfolio team and assist in development and rollout of programs for the 3rd party solution partner channel.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or other Industry related field.
- 5+ years of experience within the building technologies industry (fire and life safety background preferred), including a minimum of two-years experience, managing a sales teams and funnel.
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communications skills, with the ability and focus on End-User sales, as well as face to face educational meetings with Engineers.
- Understanding of the critically important vertical market, with direct knowledge of Li-Ion Manufacturing, BESS storage systems, Micro-Grid and EV Charging industries.
- Understanding of fire and life safety products, services, design, and knowledge of the construction industry.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Must be willing to travel 60%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.