Change the future with us
We are looking for dedicated and talented individuals who are able to meet constantly evolving challenges and serve the customer’s needs or answer colleagues’ questions by applying intelligent concepts and demonstrating creativity. We promote change and work with people who have the curiosity needed to reinvent the future of work. Join us, and together, we will focus on what’s truly important – making life better worldwide thanks to new ideas and the latest technologies.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, as well as being one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020 and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers in 2021.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Production Director the Maintenance and Tooling Supervisor will plan, organize and supervise maintenance activities by coordinating employees under their responsibility while ensuring compliance with health and safety standards, quality control and productivity.
- Demonstrate leadership to improve occupational health and safety processes while acting as a safety role model and diligently implementing the company’s health and safety program.
- Focus on incident prevention by identifying risks, implementing the necessary controls and participating in follow-up audits.
- Oversee planned shutdowns in collaboration with the production department with consideration for costs and productivity, along with health and safety objectives.
- Help develop the preventive maintenance program and take part in Industry 4.0 transition efforts.
- Work closely with process engineering to ensure the commissioning of new equipment while taking part in the acceptance of equipment modifications.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum college diploma (DEC) in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in engineering (an asset);
- Strong knowledge of tooling (matrix) and stamping processes;
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance;
- Experience supervising technical staff in a manufacturing environment;
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken to interact with English-speaking customers and suppliers across Canada and/or internationally;
- Mastery of the Office Suite;
- Knowledge of SAP (an asset);
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Ability to solve problems creatively;
- Resourceful and results-oriented;
- Organizational skills, rigour, attention to detail and patience;
- Autonomy, efficiency and a sense of responsibility.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us, and what we create together is yours.
Making a difference together, we have raised $757,000 in charitable contributions while supporting over 23 non-profit organizations and planting 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees and 24 offices and facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.