Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Supply Chain Management External Manufacturing Head
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
Join our team now as the Head of External Manufacturing to form and lead our new OEM 3rd Party Manufacturing Team supporting our Global Supply Chain Manufacturing Network. This is a highly visible Leadership role that will be responsible for managing supply chain operations for external Finished Goods Manufacturers (OEM).
This role will encompass Reagents, Instruments, and customer required plastics consumables. With the continued globalization of global supply chains and increased reliance on partners to meet customer needs, the SCM External Manufacturing Head will be responsible for and focused on:
- Managing and driving improvement in the ETE supply chain with current and future Third-Party Manufacturing partners focus on supply performance.
- Communicating and developing strategic plans in concert with our partners to ensure continuity of supply in line with demand projections, up to and including assessment of partners’ processes/plans regarding supply resiliency and redundancy.
- Partnering with our Strategic Procurement and Finance teams to promote an effective “make vs buy” strategy, thus ensuring maximum value for SHS.
- Managing annual and multi-year investment strategies required to support 3rdparty Manufacturing Partners.
- Routine Supplier Performance reviews and continuous improvement in concert with our Strategic Procurement Team.
- Issue resolution and correction relative to supply and product quality issues.
- Annual productivity planning and supply planning in concert with the Global Demand Planning team.
- Optimization of production placement to reduce global logistics costs where applicable.
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively to key stakeholders.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to assure expedited resolution.
- Assure compliance to standards, laws, and regulations.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- Navigating a highly matrixed organization
- Driving business results with a highly technical group of partners
- Optimization of Global Supply Chains
Required skills, education, and experience that will enable you to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Advance degree preferred
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of SCM operations
- 10+ years of experience managing complex cross-site, cross-functional, international programs
- Rich experience managing OEM partners
- Advanced experience in digitalizing processes and driving data-based decision making
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation and influence management skills
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivating and act as a change agent
Preferred skills, education, and experience:
- Technical product transfer
- Program risk assessment
- Experience working in a regulated / FDA environment
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.