If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
What part will you play?
- In charge of the PSD works and ensure the contractual and project requirements are met and delivered in timely manner.
- Ensure the PSD subcontractor or supplier completes all PSD works stipulated in the contacts by main contractor and client.
- Able to liaise with clients, system operator, professional Engineers, project teams and interface contractors and suppliers
- Perform overall validation on the PSD system design and ensure it complies to the project(s) requirements and specifications.
- Provide expertise on design and technical issues and also resolve matter relating to PSD system and to other interfacing systems.
- Prepare and submit relevant documents, drawings and reports to support project requirements and deliverables
- Manage the PSD project(s) schedules and activities to be completed by subcontractor and others.
- Coordinate and supervise the On-site integrated test (OSIT) of PSD system with supplier, other system contactors and respective stakeholders.
- Review factory acceptance test or inspection procedures and relevant certification for submission.
- Ensure the subcontractor or supplier’s carries out quality checks, functionality inspection base on the latest standards and be certified by credentials institutions.
- Assist the Project manager/PSD manager on updates, progress status and ensure PSD works are algin to the overall project activities and schedules.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other subsystem groups such as signalling system, system assurance, cybersecurity and condition monitoring.
- Coordinate and communicate promptly to tight deadline relating to PSD works as well as to other interfaces systems
- Manage and control the construction of PSD at site, Testing & commission including the completion of works of PSD system at the stations & Depot
- Manage & coordinate the defect and liability matters after handover or/and completion of each phase of the project(s).
- Involvement in fault findings and investigate on the issues in PSD system during project & operational stages.
- What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Engineering/Railway Engineering
- Candidates with years of relevant field experience in railway Signalling & PSD system
- Processes Project management skills and knowledge
- Strong knowledge on the Platform screen door design, engineering, system functionality and operational required for railway project and operation
- Interpersonal skills to manage & coordinate with multiple stakeholders and subcontractors & suppliers
- Relevant experience in large-scale infrastructure projects, knows local statutory requirements and WSH (construction & operational) safety requirements,
- Comprehends the quality & control standards & requirements and skill set in program management would be an advantage
- Good appreciation of the constraints and interface requirements from civil, trackwork, electrical and mechanical works including other system interfaces
- Technical knowledge meant for an turnkey project, especially for Full height and/or Half height Platform Screen door (PSD) system.
- Good knowledge on network design & protocol, system integration, maintenance management, condition monitoring system and cybersecurity management
- Able to perform & participate in site-walks/inspection with contactors and client
- Comprehends the safety regulation for Mass rapid transit system, Building and Construction Authorities requirements
- Team player who is analytical, resourceful, proactive, and well organized
- Possesses strong communication skills (written & verbal),
- Know-how to resolve attitude and excellent leadership qualities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #LI-PN1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time