We are currently recruiting a Materials Controller to join us in Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock, providing inventory control and open order book management for all projects.
In this role you will raise and expedite consumable/repairable purchase orders, ensure material availability for multiple fleets. You will provide complex clerical support to purchasing and materials management in data entry, This role is based out of our site in Goole.
What are your responsibilities
You will raise and process new material and repairable purchase orders, acknowledgement processing, communicate and maintain accurate delivery data within our systems. Respond to goods receipting/accounting/shipping queries.
• Deliver the warranty returns administration process to ensure the timely return of warranty failed products, including the coordination with the respective fleets for ongoing claim management and resolution
• Deliver the order book and prioritisation for replenishment and repairable parts to ensure delivery is in compliance with planning and optimised inventory levels, including the supply of parts for un-scheduled (UVS) requirements
• Effective and proactive liaison at all levels to ensure the supply priorities of the main inventory, each fleet / contract is fully understood on a routine basis
• Deliver operational process in relation to key supply chain activity and flow of materials
• Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedure and take appropriate corrective action as necessary to achieve consistent process across the business
• Deliver the returns and rejections of product directly with suppliers to minimize commercial risk and liability
What qualifications and experience do you need
- Good knowledge of procurement and buying processes
• Experience in inventory management
• Detailed knowledge of materials, stores management procedures and warranty processes
• Good knowledge of IT systems / software
• Exceptional organisational and expediting skills
• CIPS Professional diploma in Procurement and Supply is desirable but not essential
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time