Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
EHS professional (Project sites) - Industrial Steam/Gas Turbine Generator installation, commissioning, servicing, operation and maintenance.
A. Roles and responsibilities
- The main areas of responsibility for the employee’s role, including the competencies that are particularly important to fulfill the role will be as under:
- Advise and assist the site management in fulfillment of the legal requirements and implementation of EHS management system at Industrial Steam/Gas Turbine installation, commissioning/ servicing & maintenance Project sites.
- Support in implementing EHS Management System at the project site. Ability to travel extensively at project sites as advised by Supervisor and camp.
- Lead and guide site team in ensuring Project-specific EHS Plan implementation.
- Assist site manager and other site staff in preparing site specific EHS Risk Assessment, method statement, emergency response plan.
- Identify site specific Customer EHS requirements and support site team in fulfillment of the same.
- Ensure contractor’s EHS engagement based on their past EHS Evaluation roadmap, meetings, walk through, promotional programme etc.
- Conduct site kick off meeting with Contractor before start of work activities.
- Check all tools and tackles, equipment of Contractor before use.
- Conduct site walk downs, identify unsafe act/conditions and take necessary actions.
- Verify Permit to Work compliance, conduct work specific Toolbox Talk, carry out site induction training etc.
- Verify the healthiness of various equipment, tools, lifting tools/tackles etc. used at site.
- Identify training needs, prepare EHS training calendar for the duration of site and monitor the implementation of training plan.
- Conduct trainings at start of site and regular intervals.
- Conduct EHS awareness campaign. Ensure that the project team members are aware of ISO-14001 & ISO 45001 standard requirements.
- Communicate to Project Manager any changes in legal and other requirements and ensure Legal register is kept updated throughout the duration of the contract.
- Monthly reporting to EU EHS on site EHS performance.
- Advice the project management and line management in planning and organizing preventive measures necessary with respect to EHS.
- Enforce EHS requirements at site. Wherever imminent risk to the life, stop the work.
- Ensure EHS targets & guidelines are implemented at individual & /site level.
- Should be conversant with all Siemens EHS management system & reporting systems.
- Ability to travel extensively at project sites and camp.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Professional qualifications: Diploma/Advance/PG diploma in industrial safety or B-Tech/ M-Tech in Safety. NEBOSH IGC will be an added advantage.
- Basic qualifications: Degree/Diploma in any branch of Engineering or Science Graduate.
The Candidate should have worked at Industrial Steam/Gas Turbine installation, commissioning, servicing & maintenance at least for 4 to 6 years and at least 2 years as independent site EHS in-charge. Have completed at least two installation/commissioning or service sites successfully. Experience in working at Power Plant or process industry power plant will be an added advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of Turbine installation, commissioning maintenance requirements pertaining to EHS
- Adequate knowledge of EHS Procedures applicable for project sites.
- Familiar with best EHS Practices in the Power Plant and process industry.
- Able to independently conduct EHS planning, EHS audits, EHS Training, Hazard Identification Risk Assessment, reporting and Contractor evaluation.
- Preparation of MIS and presentation to the project management.
E. Soft Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills. Good command over Hindi language.
- Ability to deal with both external and internal customers.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Collaboration and influencing.
- Good presentation & report-writing skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time