Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Research Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Research Intern, you will be responsible for:
- In your activities you will work with the SPECT Research group to investigate new technologies
- You will develop new skills in scientific computing, data management, detector development, and/or artificial intelligence
- You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to provide and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have experience in nuclear/particle physics and/or medical imaging
- You have a good programming skills (Python, MATLAB, C/C++ a plus) and/or experience in Deep Learning methodologies
- You have experience with detectors and electronics (Verilog/VHDL a plus)
- You have used simulation software such as Geant4, COMSOL, Gate
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- You show team orientation and communication skills
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Current student at an accredited university required, preferably a PhD level candidate
- Studying physics, engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.