Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Every day we push the boundaries of what is possible like developing state-of-the-art high-speed trains and intelligent robots. Therefore, we need Ambassadors for new insights, hardworking storytellers, and passionate captivators in marketing and sales who make our customer relationships strong. We’ll open endless possibilities to make meaningful things a reality.
This is your role. What part will you play?
Preferable candidate should be able to lead and work independently, based on the deep experience and process knowledge in design and should be able to implement automation concepts for projects being executed. Discussion and verification of the concepts with the partners, customers, and team lead. Ability to derive the easiest solution fitting to the requirements using the most sophisticated tools for the implementation (Comos, others).
Consulting for regional partners and customers project contacts. Bi-directional style of working, always open for feedback from the team. Preparation of sharp quotations with a risk & chances assessment. Supporting several projects as shared resource in parallel. Efficiency 100%.
Expert knowledge minimum one of the branches supported by the GEC. Specialist in understanding of P&ID diagrams and automation concept descriptions and interpretation. Implementation of plant automation concepts, design of interlocks, start-up, and shutdown sequences. Understanding of open and closed controller concepts and their installation in the field. Optimization of closed loop controllers with SIMIT and on site. Testing of sophisticated logic structures in FAT and commissioning on site.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Experience Required: 8-15 years’ relevant experience in Process Automation Engineering (process automation industry) and minimum 3 years of experience as a Lead Engineer.
Education: BE/B.Tech in Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical/ENTC or allied branches.
Minimum 3 year working as engineering and commissioning lead engineer in Pharmaceutical projects.
Explicitly worked on Pharmaceutical process automation projects, at least in the last 5 years. (Conceptualization, designing, programming, and commissioning)
More than 6 years’ experience as project engineer/senior engineer in relevant process domain (Pharma, W&WW, F&B, Chemical) and with overall experience of more than 8 years.
- Expert level process experience and knowledge in the branches of Pharmaceuticals / Lifesciences preferably for the past 5 years.
- Verification of customer’s basic design, conceptualization, preparing specifications (FS, FDS, Test Specifications, Pharma validation) and development of automation solutions for several projects in parallel. Interface to the Team Lead and Project Manager of partner regions (Project Countries) for technical topics.
- Advanced knowledge & experience in DCS Automation System, Simatic PCS7 shall be preferable.
- Advance knowledge of Batch process (ISA S88 standard), Simatic Batch engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable
- Good understanding & knowledge of 21 CFR Part11 and GAMP5 guidelines.
- Candidates with advance trainings certificate of Siemens DCS/PLC/SCADA/Instrumentation or such certificates from other automation vendor (manufacturer) company will be preferable.
- DCS Systems: Simatic PCS7(Simatic PCS Neo) engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable.
- SCADA Systems: Simatic S7, TIA & WinCC engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable.
- Engineering tools knowledge: PCS7 Plant Automation Accelerator, COMOS is preferable
- Must have good experience on communication protocols like MODBUS, Profibus, Profinet, HART, Ethernet, OPC etc.
- OSI PI Historian knowledge & experience will have preference.
- Good self-integration in international project teams. Easy adaption of European US and/or Middle east working styles. Social integration in the Host Countries. Self-challenging working style, taking ownership and solution oriented.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language skills. Knowledge of foreign languages e.g. German, Spanish, French will have added advantage.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Navi Mumbai, where there will be a chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
There may be a chance to visit other locations in India and beyond, so might need to go where this journey takes.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring curiosity and imagination and help us craft, tomorrow!
Find out more Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time