Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as an SLM STAFF ENGINEER - IMMUNOASSAYS to plan, control, conduct, and maintain serviceability throughout the lifecycle of products as a member of the Customer Services, SLM CLS Immunoassay Team.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an SLM STAFF
ENGINEER you will be responsible for:
- Planning the serviceability of new assay products and applications serviceability for new system products.
- Representing Service on multifunctional product and project teams.
- Providing functional expertise related to service, including application services and service documentation.
- Coordinating the creation of global service documentation to ensure technical application readiness for product introduction.
- Leading and participating in Service Element Teams.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing project risks from a service perspective.
- Leading knowledge transfer activities within service.
- Supporting the review of customer facing documentation.
- Communicating project status and issues to service management and relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating and maintaining service documentation throughout product lifecycles.
- Tracking and trending service metrics related to products.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Familiarization with immunoassay systems in the clinical laboratory environment
- Prior experience supporting immunoassays and immunoassay analyzers in one of the following roles is preferred: Technical Application Specialist, Technical or Clinical Consultant, Regional or Headquarter Service Consultant.
- Experience with product development lifecycles and the design of products for serviceability
- Established PC skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SAP
- A willingness to learn about new immunoassays, software and product solutions
- An ability to collaborate and influence within and cross-functionally with people of different levels and skill sets.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Medical Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years of related technical experience and proven record of accomplishments including a minimum of five years of diagnostic laboratory experience (as a Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Applications Specialist).
- Working operations knowledge of Siemens ADVIA Centaur, IMMULITE and/or Atellica Solution Immunoassay Systems. System knowledge of set up and configuration of assays is preferred.
- Experience with clinical laboratory method validation, data analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of immunoassays, the technical applications role and complaint handling processes.
- Experience with clinical laboratory operations and workflow (pre and post analytical) including accreditation and quality assurance.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
The pay range for this position in NYC or Westchester County, NY is $120k-165k annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (10%) of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.