Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We are making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Become part of our project team and contribute to our ambitious strategies and successful business activities within the business segment Rail infrastructure Mainline.
· In your new role as Interface/Installation manager with interface/installation expertise, you are responsible for the interface coordination with various contractors like Civil, E&M and Customer
· With your practical expertise in site installation and interface you will inspect potential constructions sites, estimate outlay, and ensure compliance with all statutory provisions (in particular EHS).
· Prepare fixture drawings, installation design and get approval from customer
· Attend day to day interface meetings, take daily/weekly review and coordinate with team for interface inputs.
· You proactively manage risks and opportunities during the installation, thereby laying the foundation for successful project execution in the event of an order.
· You will manage installation on site for telecommunication projects, manage team of site engineers and sub-contractor when required.
· The role demands mix site and office
· Liase with team and prepare installation schedule to ensure timely execution as per client requirements, manage sub-contractor. Ensure no rework is happening during installation to avoid any kind of cost overrun on project.
Knowledge & Experience
· You have diploma/bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronic / mechanical engineering.
· Minimum 8-10 years of professional experience with relevant experience in projects related with Telecom systems in Railway/Metro projects in installation and interface site execution.
· Worked as installation engineer/leader in at least one metro’s for telecom systems in India or outside in site execution.
· You can offer extensive professional experience in the installation/assembly of railway Telecom systems
· You know the PM@Siemens and LoA process.
· You are familiar with dealing with multiple internal and external partners in an intercultural environment to achieve a common target.
· You are used to prioritize and manage your own time effectively and to think outside the box, where necessary.
· You have a precise and result oriented style of working and you know how to present the essentials to the management.
· A fluent command of English is necessary for this role- ideally combined with good, as well as a willingness to travel internationally round off your profile. Further language skills are an advantage.
· Intercultural experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based initially in Bangalore to support international bids and project installation depending upon project allocation in any location. Depending upon requirement travel/deputation may demand.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time