The Electrification and Automation Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Siemens Electrification and Automation – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
The Buyer contributes to the success of the Electrification and Automation Business Unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. by directly procuring material and services for the assigned product lines, taking into account price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply. Supports business in semi-complex buying strategies and activities to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of material and services; plans and expedites as needed and serves as liaison between manufacturing and vendors.
- Manage the supply chain & provide a prime focal point to suppliers.
- Generates Purchase Orders (SAP) in assigned queue in accordance with required strategies based on the requisition and obtains order acknowledgement.
- Identify, report and manage potential problems and proactively address material shortages before impacting production.
- Manages supplier On Time Delivery (OTD)
- Prepare and manage supplier key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Obtain information from suppliers in order to complete supplier setups
- Familiarity with the various Siemens Procurement tools (SAP, EZ Suite, IOL, GMDM, SCMStar, etc)
- Issues PO’s for Capital equipment in oneSRM
- Participates in the Supplier Qualification Process for new suppliers of key major components
- Prepares and conducts negotiations as required for issuing Purchase Orders and seeks price reductions for YOY spend.
- Ensures compliance with Siemens buying guidelines
- Understand Siemens T&C’s, contract and project deliverables and enact plans for meeting goals
- Leads Supplier Non-Conformances (NCRs) with the Supplier Quality Manager and Engineering to insure no impact on production floor
- Support resolutions of GR/IR issues and other exceptions to established rules
- Support and help define commodity strategies for assigned purchasing spend
- Assists as back-up for other Procurement Personnel within team.
Required Skills, Experience, Education:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in area of Procurement responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication in English language
- Highly skilled with Microsoft office products (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Must be customer focused and a collaborative team player
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision-making skills
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in area of Procurement responsibilities.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to interact across multiple departments and levels of management.
* Typical schedule for this position is flexible - 2-3 days in office / 2-3 days remote
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.