YOUR NEW DEPARTMENT
We are an innovative organization within Siemens with the aim of developing new software products for value creation with artificial intelligence along the AI lifecycle. Based on Industrial Edge, our goal is to create a portfolio that enables robust, trustworthy, and secure integration and operation of AI applications in production environments. Our team defines and develops the associated software for Siemens Factory Automation and actively drives the transition, including the associated digital business models, in the industrial field.
You are part of an interdisciplinary team to shape Factory Automation’s software product portfolio in the space of Industrial AI with a customer-centric product development. You manage multiple diverse, talented, and internationally distributed development teams that are building the next generation of Industrial AI software products with full responsibility for the results, including prioritization of customer and market requirements towards R&D backlogs, shaping solution design, planning product Increments, road mapping and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
THIS IS YOUR NEW ROLE
- You lead and develop product owners (POs) in near and offshore development teams to ensure that the vision and goals are clearly articulated and followed within the respective development teams; you might also act as PO for one or multiple products yourself when needed
- You engage and support pilot customer projects to validate ongoing development hypothesis and generate new ideas for product improvements and new product developments
- You develop and align development roadmaps for multiple teams and prioritize them jointly with fellow CPOs, POs, Product Managers within the organization
- You act as liaison between product management, POs, architects, and customers to ensure product vision and features are in line with development roadmaps, technical feasibility and customer demands
- You observe and challenge new emerging technologies/tools which we can benefit from and support in make/ buy decisions for specific components, actively sharing knowledge and best practices within the team
- You are familiar with Lean Startup concepts, Scrum/SAFe frameworks and how to create MVPs to validate your business hypothesis with the Build-Measure-Learn approach
- You shape a culture of continuous learning, technological excellence, and open innovation within Siemens Digital Industries and beyond
- You support the product development teams within your responsibility on their journey to become autonomous in decision making by prioritizing customer requirements
- You know how to manage legal, IP, compliance, OSS clearing and quality aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle
- You contribute to continuously improve our R&D processes, ensuring product quality, security, and robustness, managing, and prioritizing the flow of work
- At least masters/diploma degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, or related technical fields.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in software development, including relevant experience with artificial intelligence, data science or cloud engineering.
- Long-term relevant experience in product ownership/management or project and/or program management, with concrete contributions to released projects/products
- Practical knowledge/experience with Artificial Intelligence, common AI concepts, tools, lifecycle, and good understanding of challenges when implementing and operating AI solutions
- Ability to evaluate business impact of software products and ensure its success by focusing on customer value
- A deep understanding of customer-centric product development building on Lean and Agile methodologies
- Strong ability to translate customer needs to solution design and understand technology impact Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain trustful relationships across all hierarchies, matrix organizations and within an ecosystem of internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of creativity, open-mind, and self-initiative as well as fluency in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- An environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and feel a sense of belonging
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits here
We want you to want: Apply!
www.siemens.com/karriere/digitalminds - if you want to learn more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
FAQ - if you have a question about applying to Siemens.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either